#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Why haven’t they signed him yet!?

Throw the cheque book at him!!

1 Like

I apologise for my doubts earlier this year. No doubts he still is learning and makes the odd mistake but he is almost elite at half back.

McKenna, Tippa and JoeDan are the reasons I still watch Essendon.

Has cemented his place in the best 22., and think/hope that by this time next year McKenna will be talked about as a possible All Australian.

5 Likes

Fark me he is terrifying to watch… some of his kicks in congestion had me cringe…

He is a fkn gun and I love how he plays

12 Likes

Mount Mckennamore with me ivan and BWAS

2 Likes

Solid effort in a sea of ■■■■ today.

Love his guts.

No McGrath, so I think Mckenna had to carry a heavy workload today in terms of providing rebound run. Well done.

Absolutely - he did two brilliant things in the last quarter that made him look like a Top 10 draft pick.

1. Kick comes out wide to him on the wing. It’s short and bounces up high. McKenna - correctly - senses he would be tackled if he takes the high bounce but, with brilliant vision, thinking and execution instead knocks the ball forward and to advantage with his left fist, in board. And we surge forward.

2. Later, deep in the Blues goal square he accepts a handball and starts running across the back of the goal square with a Blues player on top of him and two Carlton players running hard & wide to cut off the kick out wide that looks inevitable. Again, with brilliant, vision, quick thinking and execution, he does that strange hook kick hard across his body to Howlett and a team mate in the corridor. Howlett gets it on the bounce and we end up scoring. I don’t know of a player in the competition that could see/think/execute like that under so much pressure deep in defence.

21 Likes

How good was that tap to zaka after put under immense pressure from Hurley’s rushed kick.

11 Likes

Again, with brilliant, vision, quick thinking and execution, he does that strange hook kick hard across his body to Howlett

zach’s starting to implement those kicks into his game

Can he please take all the kick ins from now on. He always does something creative, creates an overlap, hits up a central short target. Our kick in are the absolute dumbest part of our game, we always go the same spot and we are generally outnumbered!! Drives me flowering mad. Perhaps we can spend some time on it at some stage, come up with a few new tactics.

14 Likes

Really? Wow. I mean they are great to watch, but we have some other v good talent in the side.

Zmerrett, Hurley, Hooker,Hepp, Orazio.

But yeah JoeDan. Seriously that bloke sells memberships on his own.

Apart from the last game, hepp hasn’t tantalised me this year.

1 Like

Round 1. Hepp was brilliant.

If your mates made you wait that long between drinks, you’d get new mates…

2 Likes

I’d like to see conor impose himself physically on the game like this more often.

2 Likes

Haha, eat a ■■■■ Miles, that’s what you get for being cocky you ducking prick.

1 Like

Anyone else see his attempted upper cut on the wing yesterday. Loved it. If it had of landed he probably would have gotten 10 weeks!

1 Like