#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Might as well try and petition the club to ban players from walking their dogs.

Have heard that this seemingly simple task can be fraught with danger.

1 Like

I think McKenna would be more disappointed than anybody. Think he was looking forward to representing Ireland even if it was in a novelty game.

10 Likes

Would be devastated.

Playing Gaelic football is in his blood & what he will always be drawn to, and to miss playing for Ireland in front of his family massive.

8 Likes

Yep, it’s why I groan when someone says they want to bring State of Origin back. And the pretend football series isn’t any better.

Having said that I think McKenna would have really loved to play for Ireland in IR so I genuinely feel for him.

I would like to see state of origin back. International rules however is a waste of time and simply a promotion of our game in Ireland that is no longer needed. They know where we are.

3 Likes

I groan with that and also the 17 or 34 game seasons.

And you reason with them all you like, they concede defeat, and two weeks later they’re back with the same idea.

If he misses a single session of pre-season because of it, then it can fark right off. That’s how low I put both concepts on the scale of importance.

How do you feel about AFLX?

Don’t give a rat’s fark either. The AFLW had a market ready to go that had broad appeal, the Big Bash breathed new life into a tiring concept (ODI cricket), but AFL already has a massive, well-supported, exciting game. The pre-season is for ■■■■■ and giggles, so die-hard supporters can get lathered up over new recruits and “best pre-season ever” stories. Remember 9-point goals, play-on off the post, and last team to touch it out of bounds gets a free kick against? Nobody gives fark, coz it’s pre-season and the HA season goes for long enough as it is.

1 Like

Plus, I just turned 41, so I’m officially entitled to be cranky a new and innovative ideas. I just think these ideas are crap.

9 Likes

AFLX is one of the worse ideas I’ve ever heard.

Will watch though :grinning:

If AFLX is on a soccer sized field, and if Joey D plays it, you put him in the ruck, hell grab the ball and literally kick like 50 goals from the center. the AFL will love it. think of all the ads after each goal

They need to fix that ■■■■ up how can you have adds after each goal especially annoying when it’s a high scoring game.

Yep, love the ads!

What’s wrong with 17/34?

34 is unsustainable. If people grizzle about 22 being too long for rubbish teams, then how bad is 34? And players couldn’t play 34 games

TV networks simply won’t tolerate 17. Smaller TV money, smaller salary caps, smaller money for players. Yeah, go on.

22 is the perfect length for a 6-month season. Obviously has its drawbacks with regard to equality but better things could be done with that if you break the 18 teams into 3 groups and adjust the groups periodically.

2 Likes

17 with BO3 finals series

I should also mention that i think people who harp on about 17/34 to be severely mentally deficient.

2 Likes

as it is, its inherently unfair.

my ideal fixture is we cut 4 teams and go to 2x14 round with a couple byes.

best of 3 GF and i am right with you