#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

KAV! was lav before LAV.

Geez kav was terrible

1 Like

we shouldve drafted his dad instead.

1 Like

All the hype about him being the next Chris Judd.

Probably wanted it more.

We certainly didn’t get PICK 5 for him.

Nah he was not terrible. It’s just that our expectations were high and he did not get close to meeting them. He was not a stupid footballer and his hands were good in close.
I suspect he never recovered from a serious hamstring injury before he was drafted. Else he was just not up to it.

I still think he has the potential to turn into Essendon’s version of Jason Johannison.

Irish has run and carry, pace and is great ball-user. He doesn’t need to be a lock-down defender.

Don’t get the severe criticism of McKenna, especially when other Essendon players are lauded for their potential though they have about as much hope of being the next Nat Fyfe as I have.

3 Likes

He is fine, will be B22 by season end!

3 Likes

Another chance to show his wares. I was impressed with his end to 2016.

2 Likes

I think he needs 2-3 games to get up to speed.

I don’t think we can afford him that luxury if we’re going for finals this year.

I thought he got better as the game went on against Adelaide and was part of the resurgence in the third.

Im very upbeat about him playing on Sunday, think he is going to surprise everybody.

5 Likes

Show’rs ya fuukkin wares, OIRISH!

Woosha must rate him. We have struggled with genuine pace at times from half back this year so maybe this is that. Hope he goes well.

He’s not just quick, he’s got a lot of physicality to him as well. If he can pick up structures and running patterns he could be a real weapon.

1 Like

When he fits into the chemistry of the team, hopefully including being part of the midfield rotations. We are going to see some pretty exciting stuff. Go Coner, go Bombers.

1 Like

He’ll be lethal on a quick and dry deck at Emptihad tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes.

1 Like

Agree with the first statement, disagree with the other.

He’s either gonna have 10 changers and 5 kicked on him or fkn tear it apart and create much needed run

Probably both

3 Likes

Or 12 touches, fallen over twice, 3 poor clangers, 3 goals kicked on him due to bad positioning or poor manning and three daring runs that deliver.

3 Likes