#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

So which club do you actually follow?
Can’t be us.
All you do is go thread to thread calling everyone crap

7 Likes

Maybe, but there’s that saying about broken clocks.

1 Like

In his defence, most of our players actually are crap

Unfortunately, despite his many good qualities, he just doesn’t seem to have any instinctive feel for the game at all. He can kick, he can run, he can mark, he can tackle. He just doesn’t do the right one at the right time.

1 Like

Not his worst game.

1 Like

He was the least of our problems today; however was quiet given what he’s shown.

He was 100x better than last week. I thought he was okay

2 Likes

It’s like he grew up playing another sport!

6 Likes

Worth persisting with

DI don’t get the love for this boy.

He is s not a good kick, his ball delivery is so slow and he is not a defender.

Play him in n the middle for a few games, he can’t do any worse than some others.

2 Likes

And all you do is run from thread to thread, holding the torch, defending every Tom, ■■■■ and Harry with this “every player who ever pulls on the sash is immune from criticism” tripe.

See you in the Zaharakis thread.

3 Likes

one of the most clueless players in the league. you people are insane.

Tom was not playing, Harry plays for Geelong, and you are the only D I C K

5 Likes

Conor had a wonderful 8 possessions today - a couple of fumbles, a horrendous handball and 2 deflating defensive efforts.

1 Like

We need to continue to get games into him. If there were a bunch of youngsters knocking down the door in the twos, you could mount a strong argument for giving others a go, but all our promising young players are senior fixtures.

I’d rather get games in McKenna than the likes of Kelly, Zaka, Howlett, Hocking and Bird.

7 Likes

I suppose the real question is how did we get ourselves in this position. We have been so bad for so long! Every other team has their running half back flankers but ours slow or old

2 Likes

I thought he was ok. Did his man kick any goals?

Gleeson got one more disposal, Bags got three more, and other defenders (Dea, Hartley) got about the same. I’m not sure why he would be singled out. Did some good stuff, did some poor. Should be persisted with. Much prefer him on a wing over Gleeson.

5 Likes

Conor gets more time. He’s coming from way back and has the skills and physique to be a real presence. He needs more games in the ones to develop an instinct for the flow of the game and learn the intricacies, and deserves some immunity from calls for his head.

3 Likes

If Conor is in our best 22 then we have zero hope. Simple.

I think it’s a gamble at this stage. If we pump games into him and he comes good the payoff will be huge. If not were just wasting a spot on him. At this stage I think we will keep rolling the dice a little longer

2 Likes