#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Regularly taking kickins and appears to be the designated one. Maybe he needs to mix it up a bit and go to the Heath Shaw school of boosting his stats , but more importantly taking a run and getting the ball out onto the wing, well beyond one kick for goal.

1 Like

Essendon need to get a move on …

Who is his manager?

Mino Raiola.

1 Like

desperately important to keep him.

Would have to be the highest priority uncontracted bloke now.

7 Likes

Hard to see him leaving tbh.

2 Likes

So he’s going to Manchester? Damn we cant match them.

1 Like

Imagine re-signing an out of contract best 22 player without first having a couple of articles about other clubs trying to poach him first. How weird would that be?

13 Likes

I think Daniher was one of the first players where there wasn’t even a mention of going to another club during contract negotiations.

I really hope we keep McKenna. As he’s getting all that game time, in a rising club, I’d imagine this is just a ploy to squeeze a little bit more $$$ into the contract.

Get him wrapped up asap

1 Like

We need to stop the p*ssing contest and pay him what he’s asking for.

This bloke is an absolute gun, and will only get better.

5 Likes

1 billion dollars.

1 Like

So the ■■■■■■■ contest? That is what you get from a single article? There’s nothing like a ■■■■■■■ contest happening here.

2 Likes

The compensation or trade value of this bloke would be no where near where he is going to end up.

2 years time he will be easily worth a top 10 pick.

If we were to trade him now, he would be worth a late 2nd round pick I reckon.

Keep him, pay him 400k a season for 3 seasons and keep the ■■■■■■ kid!

2 Likes

Delist

Fark off Brisbane.

And Conor stop thinking your last name is McGregor.

The possibility for McKenna to leave, has been Brought up on this forum a few times by people who have connections at the club. These people have held concerns he could leave for a month or 2.

The club has been bragging about the amount of money they have in the cap to recruit players from other clubs. F*ck that. Sign this guy up. We have no other options for pacey halfback flankers with elite foot skills. The priority needs to be our current players. Then feel free to recruit someone.

12 Likes

Sign here!

Would not have imagined a year ago he would be an important signing. Much improved player.

1 Like

Cos it worked out so well for Tommy Walsh when the Swans moneyballed him…
I’m not for a second suggesting we lowball him either, but surely common sense will prevail in the end.

1 Like

I will be monumentally ■■■■■■ if they let him walk.