#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

The Fastest Coathanger in the East has criticised the leniency of McKenna’s sanction.

Lewis got 2 weeks for one of the most notorious coathangers in years

5 Likes

No mate his efc appointed lawyer admitted it. All reports was he maintained his innocence.

Further you’re so out of touch it warps reality

3 Likes

Seriously?

What does an attempted bite look like? I’m genuinely intrigued as to what your definition would be.

zero problems with McKenna getting suspended. He deserves it. Bizarrely, I am sort of half pleased that someone showed some aggression though biting is an ordinary act.

But the whole process is flawed. The MRP is all about the outcome. Douglas gets suspended for hitting Merrett and outcome is concussion. Sandilands bumps Lyons in the head off the ball, outcome is no concussion therefore no suspension (fine only).

But for the tribunal, the outcome is that there is a chance of an injury. There was a mark on Dickson’s neck, no skin broken, no blood. The argument is that there was the potential for infection!

Surely there is a bigger potential with the Sandilands incident? Broken jaw? Concussion?

Just more inconsistency from the AFL. But it won’t change cos no one has the balls to scrutinise what they do.

4 Likes

Cuckworld

we all know what regard BF has for his wives

this thread is wild

You quoted/answered my question on ‘biting’ someone with a question on ‘attempted biting’. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in…

Would it be fair to say that biting someone is unequivocal? For example, teeth marks/impressions, broken skin, blood, etc. If yes, then the evidence in this case clearly proves that Dickson wasn’t bitten.

The facts are: Dickson’s neck was ‘scratched’ allegedly from contact with Conor’s teeth. This scratch is what they prefaced the entire case upon. He was charged with serious misconduct, but the medical examiner concluded that his teeth hadn’t broken the skin, so there was no actual bite. The implication then is that he attempted to bite & that his attempt had the potential - if successful - of causing an infection.

The problem is that to suggest he attempted to bite requires proof of intent. There was none. No video evidence showing Conor, fangs bared, going in for the kill. If bitten, intent is irrelevant, as no one will buy an accidental biting from a human. So, to conclude, from a minuscule scratch, that he attempted to bite him is beyond baffling for me.

It is just as plausible that Conor had his mouth open & Dickson’s neck made contact with his teeth & he suffered an unbandaid worthy scratch. That was Conor’s initial claim (apparently). But, as has been discussed ad nauseum now, there is no way that defense would have gotten up in an AFL Tribunal. He was leant on to plead guilty & the Tribunal concluded that the potential for infection (if bitten) justified a 3 week ban. Laughable in a real court of law.

p.s. Let it be known that I find biting someone appalling. Saying that, let’s be convinced (beyond a reasonable doubt) that Irish actually bit Dickson before condemning him. Dickson would struggle to stand up to a cross-examination based on his flimsy “felt a nip on my neck, which I believed to be a bite” claim. He would need to state very clearly that he was bitten. Then, the evidence to prove or disprove that claim could be properly analysed.

7 Likes

Ok, you’ve changed your tune a bit there. You said: How is it possible to bite someone and not break the skin? You’ve stated a couple of examples where that is possible.

I appreciate your response to my question but I really do think it’s a stretch. The mark on Dickson’s neck was clearly visible and imo would be very difficult to occur with incidental contact between the teeth and the neck. It was more than s little scratch, there was a red mark surrounding it too. I think there must have been some force used by Conor. But that is only my opinion and I respect your view, even if I disagree with it.

Really? How do we know this?

1 Like

Essendon known for its cut (shredding) and running.

l would say this sort of discussion is beyond the scope of the AFaiL as they are not informed, immoral and lack intelligence.

But that is just me.

Cheers for your reply.

Had German Shepherds as a young fella. Playing around, you would cop the occasional scratch caused by their teeth. A bite, though, was clearly different. Granted, human teeth are different, but it wouldn’t be too hard to prove in a court of law what constituted a bite and what didn’t from the injury. From the pics I have seen, I can’t make out any teeth impressions. Slight scratch, with some surrounding redness, more indicative of contact with an incisor tooth. Would need a tooth expert to confirm that, though.

Speculative. But, you are well-entitled to your opinion. It would need to be proven and it stands to reason that the more force that was used, the higher the chance of teeth impressions, puncture marks, etc.

The decision to plead guilty was made after the prehearing between Irish, Anderson and Gleeson. Speculative on my behalf to suggest he was leant on, however, it is usually the norm after both representatives meet. From the ABC, “Jeff Gleeson QC, who was acting for the AFL, argued that the fact McKenna pleaded guilty without clear footage of the incident should go in his favour”. He still called for three weeks and I am fairly confident that Gleeson would have indicated that he would be asking for such (assuming a guilty plea).

The annoying thing for me, as stated earlier, is that Gleeson would have known (as would have Anderson) that the AFL Tribunal doesn’t apply the same process/standards as a real Court of Law. As such, a guilty decision was an almost foregone conclusion, when it shouldn’t have been (predetermined in such a way). I hope we can all agree on the point that the AFL Tribunal makes ■■■■ up on the spot. There is no procedural fairness, due process or standards of any kind.

5 Likes

Agree, AFL tribunal is all over place however…Conor was charged with biting, plead guilty to biting, Dickson put his hand to his neck immediately after the incident, came straight off the ground and told the bench he was bitten and Ben Graham took a photo of his neck. The verdict isn’t surprising.

1 Like

We love Jordan Lewis saying he should have got more… Shame Connor is suspended for the Melbourne game

1 Like

You actually serious with this? Rooting a team mates wife? The kind of thing that can ruin peoples lives, scar children, rip families apart and so on and so on. You are surly taking the ■■■■ here?

1 Like

This conversation’s still going hey? Interesting.

Hark at all the sanctimonious middle-class moralisers on here!

McKenna’s an Essendon player — currently our BEST player. Get behind him or fugg off to Footscray.

5 Likes

I think thats garbage to be honest.
Punching is better because it’s more masculine? More heroic?

You punch out of frustration and with the intention of causing hurt. A bite is exactly the same.

I train at a boxing gym, can’t say I’ve ever heard anywhere that trains in biting

1 Like

and again

1 Like