#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

I saw Mars Bar and Snickers in a couple of those videos.

2 Likes

He’ll take you to the candy shop
He’ll have you spending all you got.

2 Likes

All of which have been added to my lexicon.

So much more illustrative than the tired “sold him candy”

1 Like

When Sloane tried to shepherd him from overlap run and got send flying.

You’d think with a name like Murphy he’d know a thing or two about Gaelic footy tricks.
Now he owes our man a few bob for the dummy he sold him.

And why kick it twice?
To be sure to be sure.
I’ ll get me coat.

4 Likes

Even better when you read it like McKenna speaks.

4 Likes

How much better is it to send someone for a battered sausage, Mars, or Snickers than to sell them foot candy!

3 Likes

And leave them with nothing but a shopping list.

1 Like

Not if you pronounce “candy” in the manner of Marcy Playground’s hit “sex and candy”…

Try it…

4 Likes

This guy is such a freaking weapon! I truly hope we can keep him playing AFL till the end. He is fast becoming one of my all time favourite ESS players.

4 Likes

Hes my favourite Irish player.

ESSENDON is in the box seat to sign Irish standout Ross McQuillan for next season.

AFL.com.au revealed last week that the Bombers and Tigers were both keen to recruit McQuillan, the most promising prospect from last year’s AFL Europe Combine.

It is believed Essendon will bring the 20-year-old from Country Armagh to Australia again in the near future and his preference is to play in the red and black, alongside countryman Conor McKenna.

Ireland’s McQuillan, Luke Towey, Ronan Devereux and Peadar Mogan spent time with the Bombers, Richmond, North Melbourne, Carlton and Collingwood in April.

Essendon has informed Towey, who was being considered by the same two clubs, it won’t pursue him.

McQuillan, who stands 186cm, ran the fastest 20m time at the combine (2.77sec), plays in an aggressive manner and is already a good kick on both feet.

23 Likes

yeh we need more speed, Irish flair and inherent toughness…

3 Likes

Already a good kick on BOTH feet? Jesus!!

BRING.
HIM.
THE.
FARK.
IN!!!

10 Likes

You’d be spewing if you were that young female Essendon supporter who looked away as it happened.

1 Like

I love the Crows’s father and son reaction. They couldn’t believe what they saw but they had big smiles.

5 Likes

Love this man, his cheap kicks, and cunning.

With a name like this I am guessing he would fit in at Collingwood.

New thread title #45 Conor McKenna - Sends the AFL for a battered sausage

5 Likes

I do find it quite humourous that we seem to be to be developing a fondness for Northern Ireland, perhaps the old Essendon Protestant influence at play