#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Very impressive performance. Instrumental in our victory.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he played 14 before this year.

Well done to those of you who backed him. I was one of the ones who didn’t but you can clearly see his value to the team now. He’s improving and getting better all the time!

2 Likes

I pity the opposition players who have to try chase this guy once he gets moving. Absolute jet.

1 Like

Well done Conor.

Is coming on in leaps and bounds the last few weeks.

5 year deal

It’s not just his flat out speed that is exquisite. It’s that he knows he’s got it. And as his confidence grows he’s burning opponents with that slightly arrogant reckon-I’ll-have-a-go-at-bouncin’-dis-foonny-bahl as they desperately clutch at the air behind him. And then the funny little steadying hop at warp speed -like Usain Bolt stooping to place a golf tee while breasting the tape at the Olympics- and then he drills the pass. Given he’s played about a quarter of the games of footy that my 14 year old has notched up it’s like a small kind of miracle he can do this stuff. If he can do that with any sort of consistency and improve his aerial work there’s no limit.

12 Likes

At some stage, I’d like to see McGrath moving around the ground like McKenna.

2 Likes

I understand he is terribly homesick but desperate to become a player, nights like tonight would certainly help.

1 Like

Jackets needs to import another Irishman in the next draft to keep him happy, so hes not so homesick

3 Likes

love him

Great to see him have a great game. I think that he’ll improve even more as the backline plays more games together and he can instinctively work off each other. I hope he has a pint this week.

Could add a bit of enthusiasm to his singing of the club song, about the only criticism I have

Cool story, bro

Seamus O’Jetta

6 Likes

Get the kid an Aussie girlfriend and a contract extension.
Running Half back with elite four skills - tick
Ruck - tick

2 Likes

Hope his parents are planning an extended holiday out here for the second half of the season.

I love how he gives off a handball or short kick and then ■■■■■■■ charges forward like a mad man, we need to honour that run more

6 Likes

I know what you mean but…(Moved my reply to the Andy Mcgrath thread)

Bring in a stable pony

1 Like