#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

I’ve watched that clip 15 times.

That acceleration. It’s…well…unbelievable!!!

Anyone else impressed with the subtle ‘pulls’ he executes by foot? Sums up a situation at full speed and then adjusts batiufully with some unorthodox toe poke - it’s ■■■■■■■ brilliant.

1 Like

I also enjoyed this one. Didn’t bother to actually evade, just ran past/through him

12 Likes

I’m delighted for him. He offers so much to the team and now the early clangers have dissipated from his game his team mates are honouring his efforts. Hope he’s enjoying it as much as the faithful are now.

Loving the giffs

2 Likes

Man, his speed is deceptive and although many of his kicks are “dinky” 20 to 30m ones his longer kicks have some real penetration and accuracy

1 Like

That’s why his kicking is so good for someone in the game for such little time. The ball is dropped perfectly on the boot with little room for error from release. Obviously doesn’t look as natural as Hepp or Zach but it’s mighty effective.

Given round ball game he used to, ball drop had to be near on perfect to be able to kick it accurately when running in a straight line. Hence you see him guiding the ball down so well.

Gary Ablett Jnr guides it down in similar method albeit he looks far more fluent, as you’d expect.

Conor was brilliant last night.

6 Likes

the goal he kicked last week showed he’s identifying the dangerous space better too. as soon as Watson stepped and charge direction Conner change angles and charged inside, he read the play quicker than his opponent. Giff please:)

Wish his “Irish kick” had gone through for the goal… was hilarious, he sprinted at the boundary line to set up the kick across the body.

1 Like

His first good game for the club. Good on him and I hope it’s a trend

oh ■■■■ off.

24 Likes

I actually clicked tha, thinking it would be his post match interview with channel 7. Does anyone have that?

1 Like

Are you just a ■■■■■■■■ or just plain and simply have no idea what so ever about football?

2 Likes

Watched the game again last night. Such an excitement machine. I can’t believe how good that performance was for such a novice.
And he still has so many little things to learn about the intricacies of our game. I noticed at one stage he ran to collect the bouncing ball which was just about to bounce back up right into his hands, but rather than letting it take its natural bounce, he bent over to pick it up by pushing it forward, almost causing himself to fumble it, when he could have just taken it without breaking stride if he’d been able to better read the natural bounce.
He still managed to pick it up & jet away with it.
Little things like this that are still part of his development.
How good is it watching him & this exhilarating team, develop right in front of us!!

3 Likes

I laugh every time I watch this…he’s so freaking fast

1 Like

Ch 7 interview now on EFC site:

4 Likes

He certainly has a bit of swagger to him now. Think he feels he belongs out there now mm

2 Likes

TEAM OF THE WEEK ■■■■■■■

5 Likes

Does it have sub-titles??

If not, … I won’t bother.

4 Likes