#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Try to tag Mckenna, and the tagger gets farked.

What, like proper farked?

8 Likes

I suggested to Conor that he take his break with a trip to Bali. He said “whay?”
I said because all young Australians go over to Bali for their holidays.

Conor says: “But I am Irish”

Rapidly back pedalling I told him it didnt matter, its just a great place to go.

As a matter of interest, the Irish are complaining we are stealing their players

Not if its us.

Ah Chee and Polec, 2 of Port’s best runners. See ya.

Should be noted that even their best runners don’t often do it defensively. Downhill skiers with the best of them.

3 Likes

Correct.

I’m so stoked that this guy has shown he can make it, he is such a likable bloke and he’s exciting to watch when he is on.
Really stoked we can add him to what’s becoming a long list of legit young stars of the game that will lead this team for the next decade.

1 Like

ಠ_ಠ

6 Likes

Your such a liar. Arnie tied to kill his mother Sarah in 1984.

1 Like

Jackets needs to introduce him to a nice Melbourne girl (*one who can understand what he says).

1 Like

My wife does have a single Irish friend… she’d be a fair bit older than young Conor though.

Bomber TV special: “Conor needs a wife”

1 Like

Can we stop the pantomime about not being to understand him?

2 Likes

That article is amazing. I’d suggest watching the video within and listening to the West Kerry farmer speak if you want to discuss an unintelligible accent. Conor by comparison speaks the Queen’s.

1 Like

Maybe he could learn sign language?

Honor Conor, Hail Cale, Holler Walla, Dazzle Razzle, Blow Joe …

South West Ireland (Cork, Kerry, Clare) accents are all but incomprehensible.

Northern Irish sounds harsh (mainly because we’re used to hearing people like Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams, and their message is never soft and gentle).

Most of the rest of Ireland isn’t too bad at all (although North Dublin, e.g. The Commitments) can be a bit rougher on the ear.

Hands up who read that in a thick Irish accent?

2 Likes

Well, I had to listen to it twice, to be sure, to be sure.

2 Likes

I know a couple of people who can’t understand much of what he says.
I’m fine unless he starts talking really fast.

1 Like

I ran a pub in Dublin for a bit. One owner from Derry and the other from West Cork.

18 months of never understanding a word.

Best was when we would get on it, they couldn’t understand a word the other said

7 Likes