#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Yea!

Take that back. Nothing but luuuuurve for Jay Neagle. What a hunk. Pure manliness. Three goals in first 5 minutes of the match and then he blows up. How romantic.

Problem fixed.

Mckenna has the license to go for kicks no one else bar probably Zerrett can go for.

Hurley generally goes for kicks to open players wide of the corridor.

Bender you are going to lose this argument.

Case in point Hurley is one of the best players in the comp. McKenna is a kid coming on leaps and bounds. Case in point you have nfi

Actually noticed him look up for a second time before delivery a couple of times tonight, to make sure he was kicking to wwhere they’d be.

Huge improvement, … can’t fathom what you’re on about to be frank …

Paul Kelly song sums up Conor tonight …

1 Like

Biggest disappointment out of the game is it looks like his brothers are older so they won’t be coming with him!!

I love this bloke!!

6 Likes

Filled my Nash void and then some.

I take it this is your attempt at contributing. That’s the spirit.

Zerrett had 17 more disposals than Conor, including 15 contested (just 5 short of Conor’s total for the evening).

Zaharakis 12 more disposals.

Heppell had an absolute 'mare of a game, so hardly a helpful comparison for your argument.

Meanwhile, back in the vicinity of the point, McKenna’s key strength is supposed to be his kicking, and yet it let him down badly on too many occasions tonight. It’s not the end of the world, I don’t want him drawn and quartered, I’m not saying give back the four points, I just want to say “hey, here’s something that could have gone better”.

License? Is that like the pen license you get in primary school?

Some of the kicks he missed were absolute lollies.

I was really, really wrong on him. He’s improved out of sight in the last 10 games.

1 Like

But but but - “clanger clanger clanger clanger.”

“Clanger, clanger & clanger.”

“I am ■■■■■■■■ moron, oh yeah and clanger, clanger, freaking clanger.”

SHUT UP WITH THE CLANGER CRAP ALREADY.

Bloke’s a freaking star.

5 Likes

sorry, but NFI

That’s how it read.

2 Likes

Clanger.

Those posts are clangers. But not clanged to capacity.

1 Like

What is your hatred for him?

Why don’t you focus on the kicks he does hit, he absolutely splits open defences time and time again.

He is a lock in our best 18 now, and no one even close to taking his spot.

5 Likes

Did have 2-3 poor kicks but played very well overall - superb running goal and then a good goal assist.

His clangers didn’t cost us thankfully and are not typical of his kicking.

Not too many HBF’s kick goals and have goal assists in a game whilst keeping their opponent under control.

3 Likes

Stats counted 5, and while I was not actually sitting there with pen and paper, I generally give players a pass on the first couple but when I find myself saying “Jesus Christ XX, again?!?” then I reckon they have either been numerous or highly calamitous or both. In this case I think both, although the Saints’ inability to do anything right (plus our stellar team defense) limited the actual damage.

You have to accept the bad with the good with this kid. He makes some clangers which are memorable because they are weird kicks…but he’s a match winner too. I’ll accept a few face palms if he can break the lines and kick a goal when the team needs it.

3 Likes