#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

That goal though…

That was magic

Running full pelt, on his wrong side, drilled it from 45m out.

His skills are absolutely epic. Decision making, game sense and his team mates understanding of what he can actually do is going to take Conor to the next level.

2 Likes

If he continues on his current learning curve, I reckon he ends up a beast contested midfielder next year, if not, over the next 2 years.

Just looking more a naturalised AFL player week upon week.

2 Likes

Yep, I reckon he transitions to Goddards role, providing the link up play out of defence. He is getting better overhead each week and he will certainly work hard both ways.

I love Conor but there is a huge difference between winning the ball after your opponent takes you to it as a defender and running to the right spots to be the release option.

If he makes that transition to becoming a legit mid I reckon he’d be the first Irish bloke to do it (ignoring Stynes)

2 Likes

I was thinking that myself. I can’t think of another, … but I do think he will be the 1st if he keeps improving at the rate he has,

I want more Irishmen. Bring them to me.

1 Like

Hanley?

2 Likes

Reckon he tried and has been injured a lot since. Not sure he’s ever really established himself as a genuine mid but I don’t watch too many lions or GC games so happy to be corrected

1 Like

This kid is a jet.

Throw him and McGrath into the midfield in preseason and watch our goals from clearances go through the roof. There is not a midfield in the comp that could go with that duo of power and pace.

2 Likes

This kid is a shining example for the doom and gloomers that it has not been a lost year in terms of development. His development this year has been exceptional. If he stays at hbf in another year or two he will be considered one of the best in the competition.

Note: Was made to earn a senior gig also.

6 Likes

Not even the happy clappers got it with Conor.

I Honestly thought he was a complete spud at one time

Bad call

2 Likes

Favourite Conor moment was his first possession in his first game down at Morwell. Ran too far without bouncing, I think to have a shot at goal. Free kick against. Dropped the ball instead of throwing it to the ump. 50m penalty. Stepped over the mark. 50m penalty. Opposition goal.

The guy has come so very very far since.

18 Likes

He had a so-so second year but I raved on his potential in his first year…

Love to see him play on the wing, I reckon he could be anything if played up the ground a bit more next year.

2 Likes

I laughed a lot.

No video sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

Lol.

Yep, … that one will be the opener of every highlight reel in his future…

Classic.

there must be vision somewhere.

CH7 can play it as part of the montage when he wins the 2020 Brownlow

1 Like

Well it USED to live on the link i posted - but it would seem they are determined to ruin my day and have removed the video.

That would be hilarious, not the vision, but his acceptance speech