#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

There is a difference between bouncing a footy and dribbling it like in basketball.

1 Like

??? .

1 Like

First jumper i’ll buy in forever

In reference to the amount of times he bounced it (without needing to)

I’m disappointed he didn’t volley it after the second one.

2 Likes

Poor barstards Gun shy, … but each of them was perfect!

And we know what makes perfect, … “More Practice!!”

2 Likes

He is going to be one of the best rebounding defenders in the game by next season.

2 Likes

He’ll be in the gutz by the end of next year.

Bookmark this post>

1 Like

Joe Dan said “I’m having a week off, you go remind Buddy he’s second best!”

5 Likes

Hadn’t noticed that. He was on the wing too, super impressive pace and work rate

Raz rath conor. SPEED and defensive accountability amazing.

Can we get a gif of tue goal celebration

McG with serious pace to make that sheppard. makes me smile more than his bullet handballs and rapid reading of play and reaction. bodes so well for the future!

3 Likes

Not a good night for JoDan.

Outmarked by Begley, out-gesticulated by Conor.

7 Likes

Outmarked, out-gesticulated.

Never out-mustached.

4 Likes

Good to see him really celebrate that goal. His other goals he’s kinda just shrugged his shoulders, like so what. It’s great to see him really getting passionate, we want him to stay in AFL for the long haul.

3 Likes

I love how he’s utilising Gaelic football skills, those bounces in quick succession are similar to the kind of kicks to self (forgotten what they’re called!) every 5 or so steps in the Irish game. His foot skills are so deft.

2 Likes

Actually has respect for the rules unlike most who know they’ll get away with running 20m between bounces.

3 Likes

Buddy ran too far and gotaway with it. Most of the commentators in the commentary box were tumescent immediately when buddy started running down the wing.

I was just wondering to myself…whether a coach would be having a word to Connor to say “You don’t need to bounce the ball that frequently, so we’ll work on cutting half of those out”.

But the reality is that Connor didn’t slow much to do those bounces…so maybe it is best to just leave it all untouched?

1 Like