#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

I would say it helps keep a rhythm to his movement, one less thing for him to have to think about.

5 Likes

Yes. I reckon it’s more naturally in tune with what he’s done since he was a pup.

I’m in Ireland at the moment and Conor is making news with goal from the weekend.

50 Likes

To be fair he has stretched his bounces out a bit considering in Gaelic you have to bounce or solo every 3 steps.

1 Like

Condor Mcgregor.

The lad can fly…

3 Likes

Play him in the wing A.Lovett style and watch him break lines all day

3 Likes

This kid is friggin amazing, to think how far he has come and all you can see is development ahead of him. I hope we sign him for 5 years on big coin and then throw him into the midfield over the summmer.

IMHO there is no ceiling on him and he could be the best mid in the comp in 2 years.

Half the ground?

Ahmer ‘more Mayo’ Khokhar

3 Likes

Fwiw, all of Conor’s goals this year have been awesome running goals and he was cheated out of arguably the best of the lot by some maggotry.

Watching that goal did make me wonder whether we should flip him forward occasionally in Fanta’s absence. We are missing a bit of zip ahead of the ball atm

2 Likes

Conor can kick accurately on the run at full speed . Most AFL players are unable to do this. In particular Buddy had to slow down to compose himself, and in those 2 seconds, Talia caught him and was just too late to affect his kick. Talia, was probably 1 second away from being the actual hero.

2 Likes

Starting to wonder how far this kid can go, could he become our Dylan Shiel next season?

I reckon it’s not far off. Contest was barely our side of the centre, kick from 20ish?

1 Like

Yeah fair enough. I guess I was thinking by the time he got the ball he was on the forward flank. He’s probably about 75 out at the point which would be just shy of half way goal to goal anyway.

Also, The video got posted again, so it’s a productive discussion.

3 Likes

Contest was pretty much middle of the ground but because the ball goes over their heads and bounces it’s probably more the half forward flank by the time Conor takes possession. Not that it matters lol.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he ruffled his opponents hair when they got back to their position too. I’m surprised there hasn’t been an endless stream of talking fark heads bleating about it.

2 Likes

“Finished with aplomb”

4 Likes

His best goal for mine was that absolute bullet off the left last week.

7 Likes

That was cute. I liked the ones against Sydney and gws. Really powerful running and execution

What that video also shows is a young kid named McGrath doing the 1 percenter (shepherding the player off)…I want to see more of this from all our players.

6 Likes