#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

While I’m happy for the kid doesn’t this mean we have 1 less draft pick or list spot?

I would of preferred if he stayed on the Category B rookie while giving us more flexibility with our drafting and DFA choice’s.

Correct me if I’m wrong

While I'm happy for the kid doesn't this mean we have 1 less draft pick or list spot?

I would of preferred if he stayed on the Category B rookie while giving us more flexibility with our drafting and DFA choice’s.

Correct me if I’m wrong

With the new indigenous and non-traditional rookies this year we may have 3 B-list rookies by the end of the draft. Plus this is reward for effort, which is a good signal to give young players.

Number upgrade surely? He can take Parish's #3 next season when he asks for a trade.

I’m guessing he’ll be offered 14, 15, 16, 17 or 19. On the other hand he wore number 11 for Tyrone Minors so maybe we could elevate Zacka to #1 and give Conor his old number back?

you can’t take a senior players number off him, doesn’t matter what number you give him if you take his number and give it to some 3rd year player that would be really poor form. Would you take Lloyd’s 18 off him to give him #1 or Fletcher’s #31?

■■■■ says Hi. Not that I begrudge that 3rd year player Fanta the number 13.

Cooney had only been with us for one season and wanted to change to the number he wore at the Bulldogs when it became available, so not really the same.

While I'm happy for the kid doesn't this mean we have 1 less draft pick or list spot?

Correct me if I’m wrong

Stupid idea! We can now play him whenever we want…no restrictions unlike other rookies.

Correct me if I’m wrong

Stupid idea! We can now play him whenever we want…no restrictions unlike other rookies.

I thought there isn’t any restrictions on him anyway? didn’t realize the same rules applied. Still I find it weird he only got the 1 year figured if you are gonna promote him then at least 2 years is what he deserves on form and improvement.

Reason why I figured it was a waste was because I thought we could play him whenever. I had no idea he can only play because of Long term injuries or getting promoted half way through season( as per normal rookies)

Correct me if I’m wrong

With the new indigenous and non-traditional rookies this year we may have 3 B-list rookies by the end of the draft. Plus this is reward for effort, which is a good signal to give young players.

Indigenous rookie list aye

So you’re telling me we can have a triple benfti special?

Correct me if I’m wrong

Indigenous rookie list aye

So you’re telling me we can have a triple benfti special?

Very possible…

I don’t think we nominated any Tiwi players for the category B rookies. Pretty sure they were all multicultural Melbourne players.

I don't think we nominated any Tiwi players for the category B rookies. Pretty sure they were all multicultural Melbourne players.

But… dammit!

I don't think we nominated any Tiwi players for the category B rookies. Pretty sure they were all multicultural Melbourne players.

We nominated one indigenous guy, Aaron Tachell, but he is from Victoria

Not that I’m too fussed, but the kid looks like a #15 to me.

I would of would have preferred if he stayed on the Category B rookie while giving us more flexibility with our drafting and DFA choice’s choices.

Correct me if I’m wrong

If you insist.

I understand he hasn’t returned from Ireland yet. How come he get’s away with a late commencement of training when everone else has to be back? For god’s sake he is not elite.

Cause his family lives in Ireland?

I understand he hasn't returned from Ireland yet. How come he get's away with a late commencement of training when everone else has to be back? For god's sake he is not elite.

I believe there is a valid reason. In any case even if there was not, who is to say that he has "gotten away with it " at this point in time?

I understand he hasn't returned from Ireland yet. How come he get's away with a late commencement of training when everone else has to be back? For god's sake he is not elite.

I believe there is a valid reason. In any case even if there was not, who is to say that he has "gotten away with it " at this point in time?

There is a very valid reason.

So what if his family lives in Ireland, plenty of players live a long way from family. As a professional footballer his commitment should be to the club, especially now learning to adapt and play with the returning players.
So what if his family lives in Ireland, plenty of players live a long way from family. As a professional footballer his commitment should be to the club, especially now learning to adapt and play with the returning players.

Yeah.
It’s November.
Reckon I’d cut the guy a bit of slack, but where would we be if we all thought the same?

Without being specific: no need to panic.

Well I would assume that he has sought permission from the Club to be away longer and had given then a good enough reason for them to approve it, rather than assume that he is being a unprofessional slacker.

For all you know maybe one of his immediate family is battling a serious illness or maybe there has been a death in the family.