#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

I reckon a week is about right, but they’ve manipulated their own ■■■■■■ points system to get there. Never seen impact assessed as medium when there is no injury. The old red and black MRP surcharge bumped it up from low. Is anyone surprised?

1 Like

It’s a week every day of the week. Take the conspiracy hats off

4 Likes

And farking Ziebell gets off!
HTF does that work?

They needed a scalp to show the system is still legit.

Agree, we should contest and get it to a reprimand

I agree.
But you’re ignoring every other hit in the seniors this year to make that call.

3 Likes

Ziebell laid a perfect hit, shouldn’t of been reported in the first place. Didn’t think there was much in McKenna’s either, I’d contest it

3 Likes

Why would he be suspended?

Well given that the MRP ruled that “Conor McKenna has been offered a one-match suspension for making forceful front-on contact” then surely Ziebell did the same. And broke ribs in the process. Either no one is guilty or both are. But no, in the tin rattler’s case they decided, “Ziebell makes body contact to Cloke but there was no forceful high contact made to the Western Bulldogs’ player.” FFS, just a bit of consistency would be good.

1 Like

One was head high, one wasn’t.

4 Likes

Your not allowed to bump to the head. Your allowed to bump to the body. It’s as simple as that

9 Likes

Are you allowed to bump the top of the shoulder?

(this week)

Charlie made contact to the head.
And he was never, ever, going to hit the guy when the ball was in play.
Maybe we couldn’t afford the fine?

So interesting that the MRP usually use medical reports to ensure players get the right suspension, yet in Conor’s case the potential injury has been factored in. Ok it looked bad - but he didn’t go through with the hit and Knight got straight up. Free Kick and move along. But no they give him a week. It is just so inconsistent.

I would be challenging - showing all the other examples of hits like this that haven’t even gone before the MRP.

Yes it should be a week but doesn’t change the fact the MRP manipulated the points system so he would get a week.

Every time I see nocturnals avatar next to s lost I for a second think “I don’t remember saying that?” Then I read the user name

If you watch the bump replay, he was always going to go, … and if not for the bump, he should get one for sheer stupid.

I’ve watched it a few times now, & can’t for the life of me u/stand why he did what he did. The ball was right in front of him, and that should have been his focus. With BJ right beside him, he could have tapped it to him the 1st time, and if not, been looking to do so the 2nd time instead of lining the bloke up,or o/wise just going for trying to pick it up himself / halving the contest. In the end, he was going past the ball at the player, which is normally a free kick anyway, and is damning from an MRP aspect.

Think he really enjoys the opportunity to hurt afforded in Aussie Rules after so long in the basketball like Gaelic version, and look’s to do so just a tad too much perhaps.

Don’t mind if he does, but he’s got to get smarter as to the when & how to do so.

Also, he only gets into the situation in the first place because he puts down a perfect handball from Stants,… again, because he took his eyes off the ball.

His lesson from this & mantra he should repeat to himself from here on out … “Watch the ball Conor” … “Eyes on The Ball!”

4 Likes

My guess is that he was overzealous in trying to make up for his fumble.

I’m still trying to work out how it’s medium impact based on the potential to cause injury.

2 Likes

no offense to conor, but i hope we’re good enough that he never gets another senior game

Just farking lol.
Yeah right …

7 Likes