#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Better than Quinn but not by much. We tried, it hasn’t worked. Delist.

Better learning the trade in the seconds.

He’s miles of it, and he’s always gonna be.

1 Like

There were seasoned senior footballers who were worse today.

3 Likes

Nowhere near it, end the experiment now.
Would much rather get games into a natural footballer

McKenna in Essendon’s best 6 today.

5 Likes

Yep. Quick to use McKenna as a scapegoat.

What was Zaka’s, Watson’s, Colyer’s etc. excuse today?

5 Likes

Would of been in Melbourne’s 6 best also

7 Likes

Looked dreadful live, just terrible positioning. Yeah there were worse but without the romantic story I’m not sure why you persist when the deficiencies​ are so large

No - Watson, Zaha, Gleeson, McNiece, Brown, Dea way, way worthy of being in Melb’s best 6

Still waiting for this elite disposal that some speak of.

3 Likes

McKenna was directly responsible for 5 goals and that was before I turned it off at 3/4 time

3 Likes

Tried really hard and did some good things but also at times looks really out of place and not ready…surely bides his time in the VFL for a while yet

I was actively wishing for a game of “keeping’s off McKenna” during this game. Cause his disposal was terrible. I actually liked him last season but playing him (over a resting Kelly) was costly.

Why the ■■■■ do people keep saying he’s being blamed or scapegoated? No one is saying he’s the only reason we lost but it’s the McKenna thread FFS - we’re here to talk about him.

6 Likes

He certainly played to the level of his team mates today.

2 Likes

Turnover, Turnover, Turnover, bad positioning, turnover, GOOD KICK, turnover, turnover, bad positioning, free against… RINSE REPEAT.

He had a match high 8 clangers and 3 frees against.

But again somebody tell me how he made a clever kick in the second quarter or how that basic 30m kick was pure brilliance, or maybe how getting some cheap late useless touches makes him a gem. People can look on the stats sheet and see touches but he was utterly dreadful. Not that he was alone, it took everyone working together to bring out the true Essington performance we all know and love.

6 Likes

People are saying it because there were 22 players and only 5 of those threads have had any activity during or after the game (McGrath, McKenna, Daniher, Watson, Gleeson). So there are 17 players who aren’t being discussed in their threads.

Personally, I don’t really care because he was bad enough to warrant getting singled out today, but he’s definitely getting special attention.

1 Like

The whole team was rubbish.

I think its unfair to single out a player that has < 50 games when the captain and former captain were garbage too.

8 Likes

For the record I think he’s tracking much the same as Hanley and Kennelly were at the same stage (a bit behind Tuohy), but it’s easier to overlook the dumb things Irish players do while they’re learning the game when they’re doing it in another team.