#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Was very worried about the reaction in here after his first kick. But he just did better and better things until the final siren. Go Conor

1 Like

On today’s game I’m a Conor Convert

1 Like

The chase downs
The dashing out of half back
The kicks no one else does
The kick to Stewart.

4 Likes

I’ve been saying for a while that I didn’t see it with Conor. Well today I saw it.

10 Likes

That game was a demonstration of what he can bring to the team. Excellent game and will only get better.

2 Likes

One bad kick.

Otherwise was very good. As dermie was pointing out he just gives off by hand or foot and then immediately looks to go to next contest.

That give and go style of play is very much what the Gaelic players do.

Loved him not giving up on Darling chase down and that piece of play in last quarter where he sliced through defence and then long kick out to
Parish on wing was great.

3 Likes

Highlight for mine was in the 1st quarter just chased down 3 weags for no reward but at least he made what would have been an easy goal a bit tougher. Actually I can’t remember if they scored or not

He scored and definitely wasn’t a free kick.

Let’s hope that that great performance shuts up all the anti-Irish bigots on this forum.

5 Likes

had to make a quick 20 metre short pass under huge duress and laid it lace out

when he has all the time in the world can fluff it

obvious he’s been a little spooked his first few weeks but see now what he can offer

also incredibly quick and keeps his feet getting to heaps of contests like tippa

1 Like

Do you of all people really wanna use bigot?

Your Eleni zaka posts are below average.

2 Likes

I assume he was using bigot ironically.

Bigot (n): a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions

Eleni Glouftsis is a bluddy* good umpire. Zaka brought his best game out, as I predicted he would. A double plus. What’s wrong with that ?

Maybe you should explain yourself, pal ?

*This Yankee puritan swear filter won’t let us use “b l o o d y”.

Yowza.

Thought your son was really good today @barnz, first time I’ve thought he actually belonged on the field and wasn’t a liability.

1 Like

Bi-polar Blitz

1 Like

He made up 20 m or more on Darling to lay the tackle and save a certain goal. Walla like pressure. Has found the pace, and a niche. Stays in, as you can see him improving markedly each week.

4 Likes

I had a perfect view where I sit on L2 on that part of the ground. He started running hard from probably 50m from where he laid the tackle.

He simply did not give up the chase although it looked like being an easy Eagles goal.

And I think from the kick-out we ran it up the ground and had a shot on goal ourselves.

1 Like

Nope. We were carrying him previously before, trying to get time into him, today he actually played well.

1 Like

Should be trying to model his game on Elliot Yeo. Very similar athleticism.