#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Say his name repeatedly. It’s the sound of a freight train going past slowly.

4 Likes

The only thing keeping Marty out of the side is his kicking in my opinion. If he didn’t continually butcher it, he’d be a walk up start and Dea would be playing twos.

2 Likes

Is not a spud.

But would fight you for one

19 Likes

Zinger!

Where do get your gear from?

3 Likes

His dash in the last quarter, 5:30 remaining on gameclock, followed by a pinpoint pass to Parish, who lasered one to Tippa, who went back and bombed it home from the corner of the square. McKenna backed himself, made the right decisions, executed the neccessary skills, and the team benefited. Made me warm in the pants.

5 Likes

Geez it would be brilliant if we could get that chant going!

A Mexican sound wave. Now thats something to consider.instead of standing and throwing paper in the air ,the cry of "Oirish .or Walla .or Tippa. or GAGF Demetriou.

1 Like

Essendon has serious wheels for the first time in years. McKenna, McGrath, Walla, Raz and Colyer. Green, Zaka, Zerrett and Parish no slouches either.

5 Likes

I think we got so far in front in this WC match that Conor started playing with real freedom and enjoyment…he probably hasn’t played many senior games with Essendon in a commanding scoreboard position like that!

He made 4-5 blistering sprints in the third quarter, and I don’t think you can do those repeat efforts if you aren’t on an adrenaline high.

Typically kicks only 40m long and 40m high.
Trade.

Fixed…

2 Likes

Zerrett was only a bit part player (super sub) in much of his first year. Didn’t have a footy pre season in his 18s year.

EFA

1 Like

I want to see him deck someone.

2 Likes

I’d be happy with just one flag in the next 5 years. … that’s not that much to ask is it?

I think the coaching team like what Conner has to offer, He is athletic and his foot skills are good (at time excellent). I was thinking during the Geelong game that the coaches were going to keep him in the side despite some of the misgivings on Blitz.

Along with others Conner certainly makes Essendon a quicker side. Looking at the last two weeks I have come to the conclusion that the tactic has been “If you cant win the ball harass the opposition till they coff it up”. Conner has taken on that roll beautifully.

3 Likes

Invest in a catheter?

3 Likes