#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Moderate absorbancy??

Not useful if he goes for more runs like that. :rocket:

5 Likes

He’s so speedy.

He has a real low centre of gravity in the way he moves and runs. Very powerful unit is the Conor. Big legs on the boy and still a baby.

The way he takes on the game and his step inside the lines to break it open is special. His running forward for the receive back really opens up the field for other players. If he doesn’t get the ball he is looking to shepherd, yes, that’s right, shepherd for the man with the ball.

To think that it is only three years ago that he played his first games of footy. He was almost BOG in his first game against the AIS team. It is interesting to look back as even then he displayed the power and dash that he is starting to showcase. The improvement in his skills over that time is exceptional really. He is holding his spot in the best 22.

Dec 14

Looking forward to the future and some Irish luck.

6 Likes

Yep, noticed the shepherding. Him and Dea rediscovering their late 2016 form is a relief and a huge boost to the side.

1 Like

It’s a good call about the second movement. I think derm touched on it which is a shame.

I wonder if its instinctual or he is very coachable?

Either way, it’s a great trait for a halfback to have.

The overlap run’s a big part of Gaelic, from what I’ve seen
And dudes like Tadgh Kennelly and now Conor have brought it with them.

2 Likes

I wondered about that but haven’t seen enough. It’s kinda two sprints per possession

CNR 2 TPA = ALL THA SPRINTZ

The Conor sidestep weaving between 3-4 WCE witches hats out of defence with 4 minutes to go in Q4, the subsequent long pass to Darce and Darces long pass to Tippa and 50 metre goal.
Coast to Coast goal with a run and 2 kicks . Sublime

4 Likes

He’s my crack cocaine

Ahem…

Craic cocaine.

Fixed

11 Likes

I’m a McKenna fan.

His up-side is huge. I’ll accept ridicule for saying that he could be the next Dangerfield. He has the burst speed, the foot skills, the ‘drive’, the follow-up after a first disposal.

He’s already shown he’s a fast learner and a natural competitor.

Midfield 2019 or before.

7 Likes

Big call… massive call

Well, he could be.

But so could I.

I’ve given him kudos for his one good game to barnz in a gift basket full of McKenna photos and videos of him trying to speak English, but he has to back it up now. By that I’m not expecting a gun game but I don’t want to see him slipping over, fumbles, being out of position or panic kicks like his previous games this year. Bonus points if he can nail Martin with another ripper tackle like that game from a few years back.

Wow, that is even more lid off than @barnz and i

He’s gonna be better than abletts and Carey combined

Thought he was good again tonight, not spectacular, but solid

9 Likes

I thought he gave away 2 direct goals by having absolutely 0 awareness of how to play afl football, freaked out, and caused a richmond goal

it’s like some bad joke watching him play, often starts fist pumping the ball before he’s even tackled

Hmm ok champ.