#45 Conor McKenna - the first six years

Great last qrt! Did ok in first 3 but just seemed to second guess himself with decision making… which you would have to expect from a player that has only played 16 games and has come from a different background.

1 Like

one of our best tonight.

5 Likes

how could he possibly do that when our forwards run for the over the top kick hayden?

Seems to have been asked to work on his decision-making, so is taking more time to find the best option. He’s worth keeping on, great pace, strength & foot skills.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve been a big ‘sayer of sooths’ in the past. I remember after the '93 GF telling almost everyone in a Darwin pub - including, I think, the stripper - that Olarenshaw and Hills would dominate the wings for the next decade!

I’ve made good calls, too, and I’m fairly confident McKenna will be one of them.

2 Likes

I reckon he’s cemented his spot over the last few weeks.

All our small backs held up well tonight, all things considered

2 Likes

Have definitely warmed to him. Was very good tonight and ran straight a lot when we generally refused. Gets a vote in the Nobby for mine.

3 Likes

Was average in the first half, but very good in the 2nd half. I think he needs to be further up as can be exposed to easily in the back pocket.

His punching of the ball when tackled is Hilarious.

1 Like

Give it a rest

???

Wouuldn’t go that far, but did ok & is improving week on week.

Is showing signs of improvement each week and is growing in confidence as he goes.

Thought his link up play and kicking was quite good tonight and offered a lot of rebound for us.

I can see him turning into a faster Pearce Hanley or a slightly less explosive/powerful Zach Tuohy if he keeps progressing the way he is at the moment.

Is giving what we need from him and that is all you can ask for.

I feel like im living in another world to you guys. He is a really bad player. Every time he gets the ball I damn near crap my pants. He has to go. This is insane

He’s played 20 games you scrub

3 Likes

Connor has copped a bit of flack of late. He played a whole lot better than some on well known players. Plenty of pace and at least he had a red hot go.

1 Like

100% disposal efficiency

6 Likes

I’d start packing spare undies to the footy then cos I’d suggest he will play out the rest of the year in the 1s

9 Likes

There is something to fix that. I suggest you go to your local gp.

3 Likes

He was really good last night. He’s proving me wrong, before his last month of footy I didn’t rate him at all but he has had a good few weeks. Gaining confidence he could turn into a regular. Not sold, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives by far ATM

1 Like

Fast and slick.