#46 Tom “Tuth Jok Jok” Jok - you’re cut

Was good. (In the one game I’ve seen him play) positioned himself really well.

2 Likes

He allways was one.

1 Like

Jok is definitely suspect with the ball beneath his knees - has to address this issue to have an AFL career.

He did seem to pick the ball off the contest and break away a few times nicely. Pitty both time he butchered the kick.

There is allot to work with and have no doubt we could turn him into a decent player in the next 3-4 years.

1 Like

Definitely worth the rookie pick.
I’m impressed by what I’ve seen of him already, both in the JLT match and against us in the VFL final last year.
I want to see him play with the confidence that he belongs at the top level, and I wouldn’t be panicking if he was our 22nd selected for a few games this year.
I hope he’s best 22 next year, I really do.

1 Like

It looked like the speed of the game contributed to most of his fumbles and missed kicks, the good news is, he was still willing to take the game on. If he gets used to the speed, the fumbles and missed kicks should become less common.

PLayers like Tom is the reason the rookie list exists, super glad we took him.

5 Likes

He is a gazelle, really suited to the wing, but he needs more lower body strength so he isn’t just pushed out of the way when he inevitably encounters opponents. Still needs work on picking up ground balls and because he has such long legs its going to be the hardest skill for him to get to an acceptable level.

1 Like

I feel like he’ll need to improve his contested ball winning to play midfield, even if he’s on the wing, if he can though he would be well suited to play an Isaac Smith type of role. \

If he can put on muscle, which he should, then I think he may be better suited to a position in defence where he would have the versatility to play most roles.

Jok I think I’d the most curious player on our list and one with potential to play a role if he continues to develop.

Tall, fast and with a massive tank. Built for today’s game.

Only seen him a few times but looks to have really good hands and is a good decision maker.

Makes Parish look like Redman with the footy.

2 Likes

Yeah we certainly don’t need any more horrible kicks in outside roles.

Good sides can harness different player attributes into a role player and from what I have seen of him there is something there.

Just not sure where he fits in.

I wouldn’t say Jok is an awful kick, just an awfully inconsistent one.

1 Like

why isn’t he playing tomorrow?

One issue I spotted last game is he tends to slow down considerably to receive or pick up the ball which could prove career limiting. Eliminates one if his key strengths really.

Hope I’m wrong and it was just in that match.

A fairly common trait with talls.
Like with a lot of ‘project’ players, he has high highs, and low lows.

1 Like

Have heard nothing about him for a long time, how is he tracking now? Could he be in line for a senior call up, or is he injured?

First game back from injury yesterday.

Shame because I thought he looked pretty good prior to injury.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. He will need a month of solid form before he can be considered for the seniors.

1 Like

I was disappointed he wasn’t played in the ruck more against Chol.

Especially considering his performance against Draper last year would have played a big factor in his recruitment

1 Like

I rather him rucking than clarke

1 Like