#46 Tom “Tuth Jok Jok” Jok - you’re cut

Any chance of giving this guy 5-7 games this year? I’d like to see him at AFL level and see if we can fix any issues prior to next season.

1 Like

Small sample size but I like what I have seen in the VFL.

He is probably the reason we felt no urgent need to get a ruck yesterday

I’m not sure he can play ruck at senior level.

Center bounces he will be fine but stoppages around the ground and boundary throw ins in particular he would get ragdolled.

I think he could be a very handy wing though.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking he jumps pretty well. Maybe a replacement for Tbell. Needs work of course but has real potential.

The height he’d be giving up to AFL ruckmen would be the equivalent of the height Parish gives up to Hurley, and is hate to see the reaction if someone suggested Parish play a key position role.

o.k. maybe not. Not tall enough.

Any news on Tom Jok? He isn’t named to play VFL again this week.

I completely forgot he was on our list :grimacing:

Can this guy ruck?

■■■■ it I’ll take a warm body

@Paul_Cousins said not to quote him about this very thing in the Werribee VFL game thread, so unfortunately I can’t help you.

(Possible hamstring. Sorry Paul. Couldn’t resist.)

1 Like

found this from injury report May 1 - * Rookie Tom Jok, who has bone bruising in his knee and is expected to be out for a week or two.

He played a game in early June. So it’s a new injury.

correct and from that game i found this

Tom Jok

Stats: 17 disposals, five marks, three tackles, three inside 50s

From the coach: ‘Jokky’ played a mixture of wing and forward - he transitioned hard up and down and put himself into some good spots. The wing role is a tough role in terms of the structural set-up, but I thought for the most part he did it pretty well which is a good progression from last week. He’s still on some restricted game-time, so after the bye he’ll be unrestricted and will be able to use his athleticism and running ability to work teams over. He’s building back into some good form post-injury

Was thinking the same… Another injured tall though.

1 Like

Didn’t we agree that was just an optical illusion due to the grassy knoll and that he’s in fact a giant?

He had knee tendinitis now he has a hamstring

I’d tell you, but you can’t handle the tuth.

Just kidding. I jok, I jok.

9 Likes

Saw him running with the main group (just warmup?) on the Monday (?) news.

1 Like

How tall did he look?

1 Like