#46 Tom “Tuth Jok Jok” Jok - you’re cut

Post has not aged well

For those that watch junior footy. How many African kids are playing at a young age. So far with kids from this background the athleticism has been limited by lack of experience. When kids come through who have been playing since u8s, I predict they will change the game completely.

2 Likes

I predict that the only change will be that there will be more of them at AFL level.

2 Likes

There’s a fair few now. Maybe not as many when Tuth was 15-16.
Daresay it’s increasing year by year.

1 Like

I know his real name is Tuth, but why aren’t we calling him ‘Tom’? That’s what he seems to want to be known as and what is listed on the club player list (actually says Thomas).

2 Likes

I think everyone’s just happy we pulled a Tuth out of Collingwood

2 Likes

yes

It’s better than the pointless bump though. Leave it alone

1 Like

When I was watching a serious amount of junior footy around 2009-13, there was MAYBE one or two African kids in the TAC Cup at a time, on all teams put together…

Having a quick look at the summer training squads for Calder and Western, I think there’s maybe 5 clearly Sudanese names on those lists combined. Not all of them will make the cut for the actual squad, but it’s an indicator.

They’re still very few in absolute numbers, but there’s an increasing number of them in the game.

4 Likes

Imagine if we had a team on that continent.

North would request to play their home games there.

3 Likes

dambuster: A man has the right to change his name to vatever he vants to change it to. And if a man vants to be called Thomas Jok Jok, godammit this is a free country, you should respect his vishes, and call the man Thomas Jok Jok!

Kj_11 : His mamma call him Tuth, imma call him Tuth.

2 Likes

shrugs
Mrs Wim’s dad changed his name from Arcidiarcano to Arch.
It would have been rude to have called her Arcidiarcano.

lol. Having said that, Tippa can say he wants to be called Walla 'til the cows come home.

3 Likes

TIPPA.

Sudan is a loooooong way from South Africa

True.
But South Africa is 80% Black.

And for that matter, those no-necked Dutch South Africans would make awesome midfielders.

I’ll say it again.
And I’ll keep on saying it.
A team in J-Berg would have been worth waaaaaaaay more than GWS and GC put together.

1 Like

And teams complain about a return trip from Perth

3 Likes

Imagine the abuse coming from the area at the Wanderers. Is it the Bullring?

Personally i think thoughts of having foreign teams in the AFL is a waste of time and money and only worthy of Gill the Dill. Hopefully I’ll be long gone.

1 Like

Jok is the only player on our list born in January.

#fact

2 Likes

I remember there being a band of birth months that were disadvantaged in junior footy due to being the youngest in the age group. Was January on that end of the spectrum?