#47 James Kelly - #BackIn

Absolute legend, came to help in hour worst hour of need and has been proceless in helping rebuild the club essentially
I hope that his move into a coaching role sees him stay at Essendon

Congratulations James Kelly on an amazing career and thanks for coming to the Bombers during some tough times.cannot thank you enough and I hope our young guys learned from you.
I had this given to me for fun by a Geelong workmate and his daughter who went to school with James. It was signed a few years before he joined the Bombers.
I absoluely love it!

12 Likes

Always seemed to relish beating us (more than any other opposition player) when he played for Geelong. As a Bombers supporter he was one of my least favourite players on the AFL, and that’s being nice.

Since he put on the sash and after witnessing how hard he went into contests for us last year (with the odds stacked heavily against him & our depleted team), he quickly grew to become one of my favourite players in our team.

My favourite game of his for us was Round 1 this year vs Hawks. From the first bounce he attacked the ball hard, set the tone for the team, kept his opponent quiet.

Kudos to you Pops.

4 Likes

Sam Grimley says hi :wink:

2 Likes

You tell Grimmo to shut his neck.

1 Like

Sam Michael says eat a bag of …

You mean the crazy_people?

No one listens to Crazy types do they??

It’s a roll on/scroll on MO for mine, … just keep one eye on the Avatars.

1 Like

Plops

Has given more to this club in 2 twilight years than many have in a long career!

Needs the GIF of his Parish Rising star reaction. Best EFC moment.

21 Likes

Pure gold. Is the real full video available for that. I can’t remember the context…

Lol. It is hilarious. Kell looks like such a kook.

He must have really enjoyed it. Now immortalised as a Blitz gif for ever more.

3 Likes

I don’t know but they use sure seem to use the word “gloomers” a lot and question any reasonable decision.

1 Like

You’ve never been a happy clapper so why would you comment?

1 Like

Very pleased to hear that Pops & Leanne became proud parents of another little boy last night- huge congrats & a big thank you from the Bomber fans for the impeccable timing!

11 Likes

About 60 more games needed for F/S!
Give him a 3 year deal

I think it’s great that he knows when to pull the pin. I think he could probably go around again but it’s good to see someone knowing when to pull the pin instead of driving themselves into the ground and pushing that 1 year too long

Bar Goddard, he’s the best bloke to come into our club for a long, long time. Let’s hope we can give him and Jobe the elation of knocking off the swans and another big mcg final in front of 80+

5 Likes