#47 James Kelly - #BackIn

I think re-drafting Kelly is a mistake because he is 33 years old and we should be drafting from the national draft we will miss out on drafting players like Ben Long AHeppell &NHolmes,KKirby in the Bulldogs premiership side they did not draft 33 old players from last year draft we are not in a premiership window we have to think of long-term not for a short term gain

http://imgur.com/mFqvJus

It seems from this instruction sheet that only women have opinions…

Or else BB Member danger is a woman…

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but men actually have anuses too. They even work the same way.
You'd know all about anuses, given your handle. But you obviously haven't noticed that men don't actually have vaginas…

Is this supposed to be an insult? Re-read the original post and check your comprehension skills.

Half the people in the world are female. Some of them have even worked out how to use the internet. Get over it you anachronism.

In other news, I like James Kelly being a Bomber. He goes alright.

I can’t see the point of Kelly playing one more year,he’s keeping a potential recruit from our prime list.we are not in premiership window.

Absolutely pointless keeping Kelly now.

Been great for the club & played some good footy, but we’ve got enough experience coming back in & he has served his purpose. If this year taught us anything it’s you never know what young talent is on your list until you give them a decent crack at it.

If Hams or even Kommer get squeezed out for a 33 year old i will be ■■■■■■.

Those two guys’ positions won’t be dictated by whether Kelly plays on or not, but even if someone did get “squeezed out” by keeping Kelly then it shows they weren’t good enough anyway.

Understand that but it’s not really my point.

My point is that some kid in the VFL or from the upcoming draft will have one less chance to prove himself. Hate to rain on everyone’s parade but we are not in a premiership window, i think we can push for a top six spot but ultimately we are 3-4 years away. Right when Kelly will be leaving.

With all the work that was achieved last year with our young guys we should build on that. Get as many kids in as possible until we are in the “premiership window”.

Let’s be honest, Fantasia & Tippa had shown a bit at VFL level, but it wasn’t until they got GIFTED senior spots last year & had continuous games in the ones that they started to develop & flourish. Now they will be in our best side. We really should not be recruiting guys over 25-26 as they won’t be in our next premiership side. It just hampers the development of our younger players.

Newsflash, our next premiership year is 2017.
Do not put your house on that.
Yeah you're right, house alone isn't enough. Put the house, boat and the beautiful wife on it!
Geelong topped up with Dangerfield.

We topped up with Mark Alvey.

Yeah…
But their just prolonging their greatness.
They’ll fall off a cliff I tells ya.
A cliff!

Of course…
By that time they’ll sign another gun that will keep them steady yet again. They’ll eventually get to the cliff face at some stage.

I can't see the point of Kelly playing one more year,he's keeping a potential recruit from our prime list.we are not in premiership window.

This isn’t a crack at you, danger, or anyone else who holds the view that we’re 3, 5, eternity years (yeah, I know) away from the mythical (that’s what it is folks) ‘Premiership Window’, or a crack at anyone who thinks 2017 will be a panacea of sorts.

As it stands on the ninth of October, two thousand and sixteen, nobody has any idea what will transpire over the next twelve months - not even those ‘in the know’.

Uncharted territory (in this case, it’s not just a cliche!).

As recently as late July/early August, all but the most optimistic had said their final prayers for the Western Bulldogs. “It’s been an honourable season, they’ve done well given the circumstances, they’ve set themselves up for a decent crack at it in the next year or two, w*nk, wk, wk”. (please don’t ask me to source that quote)

Two months is a long time in football.

I can't see the point of Kelly playing one more year,he's keeping a potential recruit from our prime list.we are not in premiership window.

Our premiership window opens once we’ve had a finals campaign or two under our belts. And Kelly can help us get there. Footy’s not just about the future. The present’s pretty important too.

Pfft We have the keys to the house over the next two years

Kelly playing another year might be to give continuity to the senior leadership provided in 16.

Teach the returning players what the youngest guys have been doing and helping the younger guys gel with allot more capable senior players.

Glad that he's back in.

I mean, sure, he’s good at footy and all.

But that reaction when they all took the ■■■■ out of Darcy? That alone deserves a contract.

You mean this one?

http://i.imgur.com/KgAQrbt.gif

Ha ha ha, that’s the one! Anyone around here know exactly what the inside joke was?

I think it was miss piggys fella in the background

Glad that he's back in.

But that reaction when they all took the ■■■■ out of Darcy? That alone deserves a contract.

You mean this one?

Ha ha ha, that’s the one! Anyone around here know exactly what the inside joke was?

Parish got the rising star nomination. They egged him on to make a speech. He thought they were serious and stood up to make one. Very quickly realised they were all taking the ■■■■.

GeeLOLng

Glad that he's back in.

You mean this one?

Parish got the rising star nomination. They egged him on to make a speech. He thought they were serious and stood up to make one. Very quickly realised they were all taking the ■■■■.

All he was going to say was “Yeah, nah. Sweet as.”

The club has obviously liked what they saw in Kelly this year. I would gather that his on field performance was only part of the package. The leadership and knowledge that he he was able to impart (i.e. giving Zerrett Selwoods phone number for advice) was probably just as important.

In the end you have to trust and accept what the club does. At least will Kelly and Dea you know what you are going to get. For all the press they get high draft picks aren’t guaranteed to succeed. Look at Keplar Bradley and Gumby.

Glad that he's back in.

You mean this one?

Can’t help but feel there’s more to it than that. In the moments leading up to Darcy’s attempt at a speech there’s a lot more than just mere applause. There’s a fair bit of carry on, smiles and an air of anticipation. And then as he begins talking the place really erupts with laughter.

Could be wrong.

Anyone got a link to the full bombertv of that kelly going wild at Darcy gif?

Shenanigans start bout 25 seconds in :smile:

I got the impression from watching Kelly play this year that he is an exceptional player. In particular the technical aspects of how he sets himself up in a marking contest, his tackling ability and experience to use his strength at the perfect time.
He will make an excellent skills coach and having him train with us and playing for us shouldn’t be taken for granted.
If anyone is better than him then they should have to demonstrate it first. I know we love our home grown favorites but Kelly has some serious skills and we will need to steady the ship a bit in 2017 with so many young players and older players coming back from suspension/injury.

Six years after winning their last premiership, they haven't hit rock bottom and are still making it into the second week of finals. Where were we six years after our last premiership?

Geelong will be fine. They’ll find a way to hang around and be competitive.

Nah they are doing an Essendon after 2000, difference is we go Murphy and they got Dangerfield. They offloaded all their future for Danger in about another year maybe two they will crash hard!

Also known as the Judd alternative.

Chucked in a guaranteed development role with the AFL to play one more season with us. Seriously liking this dude.

Glad that he's back in.

You mean this one?

All he was going to say was “Yeah, nah. Sweet as.”

“Go Dons”