#47 James Kelly - #BackIn

Dodoro says not getting Kelly in 2001 was one of his biggest disappointments.

We’d scouted him extensively, but Geelong had more early picks, and when Geelong named him one pick before us, Bomber gave Dodoro the finger, both figuratively and literally.

He probably still would have ended a triple premiership player at Geelong anyway, the way we misused the draft in the early 2000’s.

Dodoro plays the long game.

6 Likes

Point was obviously missed on you.

Kelly’s old team mate Lingy reckon we got lucky against Port, Geelong and West Coast. Beat them when they had horrible games. Doesn’t rate us at all. Hope Kelly does some proving himself over the next half of the season to stick it up that grinning idiot.

Lingy is a farktard of the highest order, with a great face for radio.
Also, he’s got an annoying voice, and provides the neat sum of zero in terms of original thought in football analysis.

Fkn useless c*nt is the best I could say about him !

3 Likes

I’ll tell you who didn’t end up disappointed. Kelly.

8 Likes

Whilst that sort of comment is irritating to hear, until we beat a team that is on top of their game, game day, it’s not surprising, and to some extent, is warranted. The Eagles are scared of flying and Geelong where having a bit of a “slump” when we played them. The Bombers can only play who ever turns up, so these were great wins, but get Swannies playing good footy, but roll them, that’ll take the smile off a few faces.

2 Likes

I agree. I just thought he painted us a few shades worse than that. We could well have beaten Richmond and the Giants at home too. Were they having bad games as well? Must have been.

Those who don’t want to rate us, will find an excuse for that too.

Port were flying everyone was praising them the week before for keeping Hawthorn down to 3 points in a half. Also whilst the Eagles don’t travel its one thing to beat them by a couple of goals its another to win by 60 points.

4 Likes

Port had just annihilated hawks the week before. They were hardly out of form.

Horseshit.

That he meant it that way or that we beat them when they all happened to be having their worst form of the season?

Until you’re in the top 4 annihilating rival top 4 teams on the reg you don’t get any credit. That goes for every team.

Nah, … Ling, … he is actual Horseshit

(The latter)

1 Like

True. Just not sure why we got singled out in that way at the time. Well, of course I know why. Just wasn’t necessary.

Used to know a quite attractive Irish girl who would come to Geelong games with my mate and I (mate was a Cats supporter and used to get a lot of free tickets through work). She would always make the comment “That Cameron Ling is a very oogly man.”

3 Likes

And the Paddies do know about ugly rangas. Plenty of them over there.

Not all, of course…Maureen O’Hara case in point.

2 Likes

Alyson Hannigan is half Irish, I believe.

Maureen was a peach, but couldn’t you find someone since the Korean War ?