#47 James Kelly - #BackIn

MATTY DEA
IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR TEAM

Lid off

Also a player like Kelly, at the stage of his career doesn’t stay on unless he really believes that the list can go all the way.

I can't see the point of Kelly playing one more year,he's keeping a potential recruit from our prime list.we are not in premiership window.

Our premiership window opens once we’ve had a finals campaign or two under our belts. And Kelly can help us get there. Footy’s not just about the future. The present’s pretty important too.

GWS were a kick away from potentially winning a flag this year in their first finals campaign ever. Why can’t our premiership window be open?

Um because gws

Have to laugh at the AFL and their fixture. Ess v Geelong in round 8. The week after playing in Freo (Kelly was rested from travel in 2016)
If everything aligns then 300 v Cats.

Have to laugh at the AFL and their fixture. Ess v Geelong in round 8. The week after playing in Freo (Kelly was rested from travel in 2016) If everything aligns then 300 v Cats.

Wow good pick up

That’s if he survives the five day break after Anzac Day, of course.

Give him number 9A

Asked about how the time trial went: “I don’t want to talk about it.”

I love this guy.

Asked about how the time trial went: "I don't want to talk about it."

I love this guy.

Literally have no idea why we drafted Kelly. Was it a good will gesture? He is going to be one of the slowest players in the AFL next year. In a team that needs pace

I love this guy.

Literally have no idea why we drafted Kelly. Was it a good will gesture? He is going to be one of the slowest players in the AFL next year. In a team that needs pace

We have pace and will draft pace. We just need to play them.

Kelly had no problems keeping up with the game this year. He’ll be fine.

I love this guy.

He doesn’t need as much pace, because he has more footy nous than 95% of the players out there.

“Work smarter, not harder.”

Kelly faces the same problem a lot of players will face. How do you fit them all?
I looked around last night and seriously we have some selection issues. You can’t help but think Pops is a depth player.

Kelly faces the same problem a lot of players will face. How do you fit them all? I looked around last night and seriously we have some selection issues. You can't help but think Pops is a depth player.

If he plays like he did this year there is no way he’s only a depth player.

When you think we have BJ, Stanton, Dea, Walla and potentially McGrath trying to fit down there it’s going to be tough.

I’m hoping he holds his form and his spot but it’s a full team!! which is a great thing.

I love this guy.

Why the heck is he back training anyway? Top 10 BF effort off no preseason last year.

I love this guy.

Um have you watched any games this year? If you had you wouldn’t say something so incorrect.

Literally have no idea

You should have stopped there

Why in gods name did we draft Kelly, the game requires younger players & line breakers like that Western Bulldogs All Australian half back flanker … Matthew Boyd – who turns 35 next year.

Or that elite sprinter Corey Enright who turned 35 in 2016 and had a terrible season also being picked in the All Australian squad of 40.

Kelly clearly on the decline avg 25.3 possessions from 20 games in 2016. His best season stats EVER.