#47 James Kelly - #BackIn

Cruises around doing whatever the **** he wants, is all class and knows it.
Whole lotta man love for this bloke

3 Likes

So smart with the footy and off the ball as well.

Needs another year if weā€™re contending this year.

Just finished watching the replay for a second time. He was flawless. An absolutely outstanding game full of classy passages of play where he just came out victorious in one-on-one contests. I actually think it was close to his best game for the club. I think the whole AFL world is in danger of completely underrating this phase of his career - he is absolutely killing it and playing to such a high level. I think he will go on next year - Iā€™d like to have him with the ball deep into a preliminary finalā€¦

11 Likes

Imagine if he did a Fletch and just kept going?

Another year older every season but just the same consistent performance and professionalism week in, week out.

Doesnā€™t look like slowing down at all.

5 Likes
28 Likes

So many people to handball toā€¦ and he says ā€œnah, I got this, boysā€.

2 Likes

so rad that he still rocks the 47. legend.

2 Likes

He actually has perfected that art of slipping a tackle. Does it so often.

I reckon we might see another year out of him

3 Likes

Iā€™m just amazed that some of you are amazed that James fkn Kelly is playing like a champ.

10 Likes

I think its more the fact that heā€™s doing this when heaps (especially geelong) considered him done.

PLAY DA KIDS

1 Like

If he is willing and able to play next yearā€¦then Iā€™m all for it.

The guy looks like an accountant but is a classy beast.

4 Likes

Doing Ken Halls #47 proud.

4 Likes

Delighted that he is in an Essendon jumper, a great club man and a excellent onfield leader. There are some cool heads down there with Kelly, Bagley, Hurley and Goddard which certainly would have helped Mckenna and Mcgraths development. Iā€™d happily see him go around again if he is fit and playing well but Iā€™d be conscious of not loosing all of Bagley, Kelly and Goddard in the one off season.

5 Likes

Shows how good that Geelong team was.

6 Likes

older brigade
Jobe - his decision - could manage him next year if he decides to play on.
Stants - looks like thatā€™s it at the end of the year, unless he can force himself into the team, doesnt seem to be in Worsfolds plans.
Kelly - would think thats it, if we trade a HBF in.
Hocking - thatā€™s it playing 2ā€™s
BJ - to keep going, wants to and playing well.

1 Like

Itā€™s insane. Watching him the last couple of years makes me wonder what his legacy would be like if heā€™d been in a less star studded team. I mean heā€™s obviously a 300 game triple premiership player so heā€™s hardly unheralded, and obviously youā€™d rather that career than being the champion of a ā– ā– ā– ā–  team, but heā€™s kind of ā€œā€¦and James Kellyā€ when people talk about that team.

When you look at the careers of guys like Murphy or Deledio, it seems like Kelly would be a 4 times B&F, 3 times All Australian type if heā€™d been at another team.

4 Likes

Was thinking about how stacked some teams where during the geelong dynasty too.

Not like they were good when everyone else was ā– ā– ā– ā– , they had to beat some pretty good teams, for their success.

1 Like

Agree. I reckon any of the cats, saints, pies or perhaps even dogs from then would have walked in the flag last year. I suppose thatā€™s the way of it. Sometimes youā€™re the dogs in 2016, sometimes youā€™re the demons in 2000.

2 Likes

Reckon we have enough to get rid of that he can go round again if he wants to.