#47 Jye Menzie - till 2024

……and Draper’s goal……and that’s about it :disappointed:

1 Like

You certainly were!

For Nino, this is like asking if you remember breathing.

After watching the intra club last week and yesterday’s hitout, Menzie looks to be the most likely to breakout in 2023.

8 Likes

small forwards who know where the goals are and can find them are valuable

Menzie, Walla and Davey - that’s a good group at our disposal

5 Likes

Feel like played a pretty solid game, was quite quick to pressure and chase and laced some bullet passes.
Couple of snags and worked up the ground well should definitely hold he’s spot for next week

22 Likes

He’s a genuine small forward, the type that will put himself into the goal square to turn a 50/50 chance into a certainty. It’s good to finally have a forward who makes and takes the easy chances.

Hopefully, as a tassie boy he’ll know how to score goals in wet weather footy.

20 Likes

smart, tough, classy, hard working - what a combination

6 Likes

He kicked 2 goals.

Job done.

Onto next week.

5 Likes

Some guys simply have goal sense and Menzie does. You can see it in an instant.

13 Likes

should have kicked 3 and gave off a few too. most everything he touched turned to gold.

5 Likes

the first goal just oozed class, the presence of mind to tap in front of himself with CJ on his hammer when the ball was really slightly out of reach was really quality play. plenty of players would over reach and fumble that ball there and the scoring opportunity would be gone.

seems to have a good sense of when to drop off the back of his man and when to lead.

11 Likes

The only genuine goal kicking small forwards we’ve had since Alwyn Davey retired 10 years ago:

Fantasia - always injured
Josh Green - couldn’t defend
Walla - our best

It’s been a pretty poor area for us over a long time.

Now we have Menzie, Tex, Davey x 2, Munkara who could fill the role. Lots of potential there.

I wouldn’t have Smith, Guelfi and Snelling in this category as they are more pressure half forwards.

6 Likes

He’s a great field kick also, we are becoming a pretty skilful team

2 Likes

I really liked him, we’re just one more Davey away from having a set of really good small forwards.

Menzie and Jayden Davey stick to the forwardline and create pressure, whilst Alwyn Davey runs to the wings and down back creating midfield pressure and skill.

Screw it, throw Munkara in there too whilst we at it.

1 Like

menzie and davey showed you can have smalls that apply pressure whilst also doing good things with the ball.

■■■■■■■ alient concept around here.

i still like the prince of perth tho

4 Likes

This is a good call from 25 days ago.
Very impressed with him yesterday.

Has more tools than Snelling, and we must persist even if he has some quiet games.

3 Likes

I liked Menzies yesterday especially early when the heat was on. Great skills and endurance. He should hold his spot.
I like him.

5 Likes

I would argue Angus Monfries would be up there as well. 211 games for 248 goals in his career.

3 Likes

Monfries left Essendon in 2012, before Davey retired.