#49 Matt Dea

Confirmed today.

Rebounding defender. Will probably release Baguley in particular up the field a bit.

His game against North wasn’t all that surprising given he has been quite solid having played every game, and has he ever strung this many games together at AFL level ?
I haven’t checked, but I highly doubt it.

Clearly getting more comfortable at the level.
I think we should definitely draft him regardless of how many of the 12 come back.
You can only assume that he will be a better player this time next year.
I know there is Hurley and Hibberd to slot into that backline, and perhaps Francis, but with the imminent retirements of Gwilt and Kelly, and the failure of Gleeson and Ashby to cement a spot in the side, I think Dea would play substantial senior footy in 2017.

Just out of curiousity, where do people think we would need to draft him to ensure he gets to us ?
Let’s assume that we are chasing someone else for the PSD, so National Draft it is.

I’m thinking start of the 3rd Round.

It won’t be high. It wouldn’t be before 55 and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was very late or if no-one other than us was interested.

Jesus, forgot ashby was even on the list

He better not be prayin’ for a return to form then!

He is the anti-gwilt. Cool under pressure, hard at it, knows how to stay within at least 50 metres of his man.

Not sure how he fits in if pig etc come back but he's definitely good enough to be a solid contributor at AFL level.

Dea Hartley Baguley
Hibberd Hurley Dempsey

needs Tippa

The everywhere needs tippa

I fixed your comment

Might have to use our first pick on him

Not.going.to.happen.

What round will he go?
This should be a poll.

You know I was taking the ■■■■, dont you.

l was serious …
… about the poll.

Looks like others are wondering as well.

Not sure how he fits in if pig etc come back but he's definitely good enough to be a solid contributor at AFL level.

Dea Hartley Baguley
Hibberd Hurley Dempsey

Swag.

Dea Hartley Baguley
Hibberd Hurley Dempsey

needs Tippa

The midfield needs tippa

Dea Hartley Baguley
Hibberd Hurley Dempsey

needs Tippa

Jesus, forgot ashby was even on the list

He is an upgrade on Gwilt

Or will it be Ashby’s spot?

Dea. A keeper. He is way past Ashby

Dea Hartley Baguley
Hibberd Hurley Dempsey

Playing for the jumper he’s always loved

He is an upgrade on Gwilt

Or will it be Ashby’s spot?

Not sure how he fits in if pig etc come back but he’s definitely good enough to be a solid contributor at AFL level.

He was really good today. Some brave and tough stuff and he also positons himself well and seems to know what hes doing out there.

Richmond are fkg idiots. I can perhaps understand a sydney/hawks delisting him, but for a club with a average list to delist a very solid player like dea is fkn silly.

Would have been the perfect replacement for Chaplin

Those idiots.

Brown, Hartley, Dea…how many handy cast offs are there out there?

And while we lambast other sides, lets face it, we didn’t pick up Dea until the suspensions hit…after he phoned us!

Richmond are fkg idiots. I can perhaps understand a sydney/hawks delisting him, but for a club with a average list to delist a very solid player like dea is fkn silly.