#49 Tom Hird

Sheedy was all about straight up legspeed at that time. I think he got carried away with a perception that it was the reason we lost the 01 Grand final. He kept talking about how quick we’d be with Reynolds and Licha across the centre. I recall that Joel was entered in, and may have won, the Rye gift one summer. Even back then it smelled of a publicity stunt by Sheedy

I hate the fact that looking at the photo fills me with sadness. It should be overwhelming joy.

Up James ■■■■ AFL.

5 Likes

Can’t even see if it is an Essendon tie

Seeing a few tweets saying he had a very good game in the Twos?

Sash saying 20 touches in 70min. Can’t see anything else.

3 Likes

Where/who are they playing?

his mum posted that he kicked his first goal in the VFL

21 Likes

Midfield?

GOAL-KICKING MIDFIELDER.

Haven’t had one of those since Clarke got injured.

8 Likes

I presume the VFL lads played some sort of scratch match? If so, not sure how Hirdy could have kicked his first VFL goal?

1 Like
8 Likes

Hirdy is a gentleman, of course wearing a tie is o.k.

sounds like he was playing defence, just bobbed up forward and snagged one.

The Langford & Cox are our Goal kicking mids

3 Likes

Probably played his best game for us in the VFL today. Had it about 20 times and kicked a goal. Looked great.

19 Likes

The improvement of Tom Hird has been super impressive. He looked quite a bit off in the pre season tbh but he has worked extremely hard on his game and fitness to now have impacts on VFL games. 18 disposals and 1.1 goals is not bad as a small forward. Great pressure applied too

36 Likes

His first goal in a VFL comp match? Will Tania tweet it?

The commentators kept saying he was playing high HF, but I thought he was in the midfield quite a bit.

Isn’t that were a high hf would end up?

3 Likes

Good call @Paul_Cousins ?

1 Like

What would happen with the second Hird? He’s eligible this year isn’t he? But not playing any underage footy is he @THE_DON1 ? So if we’re going to pick him up it would most likely be as a rookie B as well. But if re-rookie Tom and McBride there isn’t room for another rookie B