4WD Buying

We are looking at buying a 4WD that is both easy to drive in the city and good off road. Has to be a family wagon (2nd child on the way) that my wife finds easy to drive ( biggest car she has driven is a swift) but fun enough for my weekend national park adventures.

Any advice on what I should be looking for?

1 Like

Which one does George Bailey endorse?

Which one does George Bailey endorse?

Have not spoken to him about it yet.

LOLZ. This feud you guys have going is kinda entertaining.

I like the Freelander. Early ones had issues but latest ones are nice. Or if the budget stretches to it the Range Rover Sports are yummy.

You bought a Jeep?!?

Only small 4WD that can handle a bit of rough stuff is the Suzuki Vitara.

There is a reason that RAV4, Honda CRV's & such are called soft roaders- gravel roads are about as off road as you want to go.

I have a soft spot for Subaru Outback's & will be more fun to drive on the bitumen that the Vitara, but the Vitara will have more clearance to handle more serious 4WD.

You bought a Jeep?!?

YES MICHAEL

yeah the Subaru Forester is getting better each new model they bring out. I had the Turbo, and it goes like the clap, much to my wifes surprise...but they have some more modestly priced ones, and apparently these are common in Northcote.

The Outback is sort of the same, its a got the high end 3.6L or they used to have the 2.5L turbo, but much more modest priced lower ones and bit less fun to drive.

Subary is ALL WHEEL DRIVE, which is better for all round driving, and probably better off road than the limited 4WD or whatever they call it.

Ive never had an issue with the 4 or so Subarus weve had in the house, just some of the after market stuff didnt last as long as the car.

Anyway, you could just get a Mustang, here in 2015, RHD giddy-up!

yeah the Subaru Forester is getting better each new model they bring out. I had the Turbo, and it goes like the clap, much to my wifes surprise...but they have some more modestly priced ones, and apparently these are common in Northcote.

The Outback is sort of the same, its a got the high end 3.6L or they used to have the 2.5L turbo, but much more modest priced lower ones and bit less fun to drive.

Subary is ALL WHEEL DRIVE, which is better for all round driving, and probably better off road than the limited 4WD or whatever they call it.

Ive never had an issue with the 4 or so Subarus weve had in the house, just some of the after market stuff didnt last as long as the car.

i am led to believe that an STD is not the ideal way to surpise a wife, even worse than hiding naked in a washing machine

I don’t like these cars. That’s my advice.

i am led to believe that an STD is not the ideal way to surpise a wife, even worse than hiding naked in a washing machine

LOLZ. This place gets weirder and weirder. Bring on the footy ;)

Why precisely do you need a four wheel drive in the first place?

Lada Niva.

Lada Niva.

Lolz

*chuckle*

Depends how much you need the four wheel drive off road. I’d like a rav 4 or a Subaru forester. If your wife is going to be the main driver. It might be worthwhile test driving them. As they feel different to drive on road.

You haven't dropped kids of at school lately? ITS A WARZOME OUT THERE

Buy a ■■■■■■■ surplus Bushmaster then.

He lives in New Norfolk. If you knew you'd understand.

I'm from the good bit of Tasmania, so I hope I never do.