#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

Surprised they've given him another year. Given us absolutely nothing this year.

Clanger king!! Worst ball drop ever, even worserer than that hack Paddy Ambrose.

Great to have him back on board. Still has a lot to offer this team next year.

apparently running back from Croatia.
with darts.

Hope they bring the rotation cap down again, will only benefit him. I think he'll be set for a monster year next year with zerret, hepp, zaha, jobe, bj and parish all attracting a bit of attention in turn.

Welcome home Humphrey.

So glad to hear this...too many "Supporters" going on about him being useless already on Facebook...blokes wouldnt no what a good player was if it smacked them in the face.

Facebook is the cesspit of humanity.

So glad to hear this...too many "Supporters" going on about him being useless already on Facebook...blokes wouldnt no what a good player was if it smacked them in the face.

Hardly surprising…most of the efc supporters commenting on fb pages are the ones that you hear at games yelling out ‘Kick it, just kick it’ or ‘■■■■■■ Stanton’ or who think Dodoro is totally useless and we should get rid of him.

Facebook is the cesspit of humanity.

Facebook is humanity sadly

Boom. Bring on 2017

It is great news that he’ll be back. You can bet your house he’s kept training hard, and he looks like one of those players who just keeps on at the same high standard year after year until he decides to retire.

He’ll be in the team every week next year. On the wing, I hope, running all day from one end of the ground to the other and back again, making an option and picking up 25-35 possessions a game. He kicks pretty straight at goal too, anything up to about 45 metres.

Only 30 years old, Year off would’ve done him wonders.

Reckon he’ll go another 2 years minimum.

Will he be best 22 at the end of 2017? I have my doubts.

Who else is taking his wing?

Jerrett? Nope.
Edwards? Will be delisted.

Look at Montagna at Saints, still going strong and older than Stants IIRC

Stants will kill it in 2017 and with the way the interchange cap is going still be doing so in 2018.

It is great news that he'll be back. You can bet your house he's kept training hard, and he looks like one of those players who just keeps on at the same high standard year after year until he decides to retire.

He’ll be in the team every week next year. On the wing, I hope, running all day from one end of the ground to the other and back again, making an option and picking up 25-35 possessions a game. He kicks pretty straight at goal too, anything up to about 45 metres.

Can kick further out than that. If my memory serves me correctly he was the first Dons player to kick a 9 pointer at the start of that pre-season favourite.

ridiculous

Couldn’t you just celebrate him being back?

Onya Stants. Not given enough recognition by a lot of muppets out there both inside & outside the Essendon supporter community.

Great player, great bloke. Hope he does a Fletcher and just keeps on, going on. You can here the squealing already, stick it right up them.

How’s everyone going to fit in the team, pick 1 and all!? Nice problem to have.

It is great news that he'll be back. You can bet your house he's kept training hard, and he looks like one of those players who just keeps on at the same high standard year after year until he decides to retire.

Definitely has. Lives near me and seen him hitting the running paths/footpath on a regular basis. looks in good nick.

Who else is taking his wing?

Jerrett? Nope.
Edwards? Will be delisted.

Look at Montagna at Saints, still going strong and older than Stants IIRC

Stants will kill it in 2017 and with the way the interchange cap is going still be doing so in 2018.

There is a reason why Stanton was only offered a one year deal at the completion of the 2015 season - Stanton’s 2015 was just average.

Oh fark of you miserable ■■■■.

In 2015 he played every game and had 89% time on ground.
Averaged 26 disposals, 6 marks and 4 tackles.

Where’s the stats for turnovers? Clangers?

Where’s the button to get rid of dickheads?

Awesome, on record as backing him in all year, will be best 22 this year