#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

Will he be best 22 at the end of 2017? I have my doubts.

You’re a miserable sort of person.

#yacodontcry

<3

Awesome, on record as backing him in all year, will be best 22 this year

That would be a surprising outcome.

Booooooooooo

Great News!!

What a massive boost to the day this news was. Went over immediately high five the nearest essendon supporter in the office. Onya stants

I don’t care if he is best 22. best 10 or what his current age is. I only care about his below statements and the fact he is well and wants to again embrace the club he loves. Each person that returns should be given the highest level of gratitude and respect.

“Being a one club player with Essendon is something that is really important to me. Witnessing the spirit and performance from the boys this season, and also our loyal members and supporters, gives me great confidence in the direction of the football Club.

“As a senior player it’s great to see Woosha’s drive and ambition. The structure, culture and vision he’s established at the football Club will help us become a really competitive team and hopefully build success for everyone involved with the Essendon Football Club.”

If he is does that mean you will stop posting ■■■■?

“Being a one club player with Essendon is something that is really important to me. Witnessing the spirit and performance from the boys this season, and also our loyal members and supporters, gives me great confidence in the direction of the football Club.

Whether he is too slow, B grade rather than A grade, turns it over…whatever
You just can’t match the guy’s attitude. I love the guy. I hope he comes back and kills them.
And even if he doesn’t, he has my never ending respect and admiration.
Love you Stants.

Seriously, will the AFL truly stop at nothing? They’ve even organised the hacking [allegedly] of the National Census to hijack the news cycle away from some great news for Essendon.

Don’t be surprised if they false flag an attack on AFL Headquarters the day Hurley re-signs…

Meanwhile… well done to Stants. I for one, was always saying ‘Boo…rent’.

awesome to hear him just then on sen, all class. Hopefully someone can post a link because every Dons supporter should hear that interview.

He has certainly come along way from being ‘Humphrey’ to the very articulate and thoughtful speaker he is now.

Teams attempt to stop the 2017 Essendon midfield by tagging Stanton.

Only 30 years old, Year off would've done him wonders.

Reckon he’ll go another 2 years minimum.

2 years till his output starts to drop and I reckon he cab still player another year or two afterwards.

Who else is taking his wing?

Jerrett? Nope.
Edwards? Will be delisted.

Look at Montagna at Saints, still going strong and older than Stants IIRC

Stants will kill it in 2017 and with the way the interchange cap is going still be doing so in 2018.

There is a reason why Stanton was only offered a one year deal at the completion of the 2015 season - Stanton’s 2015 was just average.

Continue posting like a child - After all it was the club who only offered Stanton a one year contract at the completion of the 2015 season - Maybe the club has doubts.

Who else is taking his wing?

Jerrett? Nope.
Edwards? Will be delisted.

Look at Montagna at Saints, still going strong and older than Stants IIRC

Stants will kill it in 2017 and with the way the interchange cap is going still be doing so in 2018.

There is a reason why Stanton was only offered a one year deal at the completion of the 2015 season - Stanton’s 2015 was just average.

Outside player doesn’t perform to his best in a side who majority of inside players were out injured, and a side crushed by WADA choosing to appeal.

Go figure.

Our whole team fell apart in 2015. Most were playing average footy!

Continue posting like a child - After all it was the club who only offered Stanton a one year contract at the completion of the 2015 season - Maybe the club has doubts.

Hawthorn have their 30+ champions on 1 year deals year on year. It has nothing to do with him not being rated. He took 1 year because he like many others wasn’t sure if he wanted to play on past 2016. Also after Mercuri we have erred on the side of caution with long term contracts at that age.

There are no doubts only happiness to welcome one of our club champions back. So if you don’t mind let us enjoy this moment.

Very pleased he is coming back because he is a great Essendon person.
Great clubman and he will add to the team.

Here’s to two more glorious years of running goals from the wing I love it.