#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

All things being equal his 250th will be Round 2 next year.

Looks like we’ll need Round 1 AND 2 at home pls Gil you farkwit

The “Acl” game (Demps and Winder) v Carlton always comes to mind re Stants for me. Freaking hell he covered some ground that day. And when the side was completely out of gas in the last and couldnt/wouldnt run, one bloke still was.

1 Like

Welcome back champ.

So pleased Stants he resigned.

Personally I can see him playing the Matthew Boyd role off the half back line in 2017. I think he would be great in this role.

Stants is One of the all time great Essendon Clubman.

One of the most consistent players I reckon I’ve ever seen. Just runs and runs and runs.

No mention on AFL 360 or did I miss it?

whipping boy noun a person who is blamed or punished for the faults or incompetence of others. "I may end up as the whipping boy if things go wrong"

Rude person who wears arseless leather y fronts

Hudson mentioned it in passing when they spoke to Bomber about Hurley and having Heppell on the show tomorrow night.

Hudson mentioned it in passing when they spoke to Bomber about Hurley and having Heppell on the show tomorrow night.

Still poor form by them.

I wish we had stats on cumulative kms…I expect that he has already covered the most kms of any Bomber in history.

Geez he spoke well on SEN tonight. Haven’t heard him much and has developed a real confidence and sounds like an elder statesman that deserves respect. So different to his early days when he was justifiably called Humphrey.

Stanton has never been one of my faves but no one can doubt his willingness to run all day, contest the ball and give his heart and soul for this club every time he pulls on the jumper.

A really positive signing because every club needs the ‘heart’ players. I also think he is really really going to enjoy playing with the likes of Zerrett and Parish around him.

Good news.

Stanton is the modern day Garry Foulds.

Will he be best 22 at the end of 2017? I have my doubts.

Hope you are right. It means we will be doing sensationally well.

I wish we had stats on cumulative kms...I expect that he has already covered the most kms of any Bomber in history.

Second most kms behind Dean Rioli.

Reminds me of Justin langer when he speaks

One of stanton’s under rated attributes is his goal kicking. Very rarely misses set shots at goal. That will be handy.

The "Acl" game (Demps and Winder) v Carlton always comes to mind re Stants for me. Freaking hell he covered some ground that day. And when the side was completely out of gas in the last and couldnt/wouldnt run, one bloke still was.

Er erm, Fletcher

Really thought when the CAS decision came down I’d seen Stants play his last game, so happy he’s coming back. Like others have said I hope the rotations go down again next season, will run anyone in the comp off their legs.

He’s a hero this man