#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

People fall over the cliff pretty quick. Reassess all at end of year, but we have to phase 1 or 2 out imo and make the tough call

1 Like

Unlikely to be part of Essendon’s next finals win.

May be time to blood a youngster rather than persevere with no 5.

1 Like

4th game after 12 months out playing a new role. Give him time. I reckon he has another couple of seasons in him after this one

Please no.

1 Like

Honestly fk me dead if this is the case.

He is going to take us nowhere. Ditto Baguley et al. I’m still holding out hope Jobe’s class will come through and we have no-one prepared to take that inside brute role from him anyway but it’s not far off true for Jobe either.

Stanton is just taking a kid’s spot atm. The second Mutch or Redman or… ?.. are showing a bit get them the fk in.

7 Likes

I can’t see him being in the side by late season. I’d rather be getting games into younger players.

2 Likes

We need more grunt. We cant run Hepp, Jobe and BJ into the ground. Those 3 are like are our only in and under players.

Put Bird for Stants I reckon. We’re just too outside atm.

All Stantons fault.

Has been his fault since he started playing at Essendon and wearing No 5. He can lose a game for the Bombers without even playing according to some on Blitz.

1 Like

Just the usual suspects who come out to blame after a loss.

Get him on the wing again please

1 Like

which side of the fence?

Not a Stanton hater but he has just not returned well.

From what I’ve seen His one ability that made him an asset, his running power to get into space, hasn’t really been there. HIs disposal is all over the place and he is too slow in contests. Also I didn’t really see him stick any tackles.

I’m concerned he has gone backwards with the year off.

At this rate it could be his last year.

2 Likes

I think he played in the fwd line alot today. Really wasn’t being used on ball. Still prefer a grunt man instead of him atm. But he is too good to be played in the 2s.

Slow start to the season but the conditions we are playing in aren’t helping a lot of our players.

Hard to believe that we are 5 rounds in and are still yet to play at Etihad.

Also seemed to get hurt with a few minutes left in the last quarter so hopefully he is alright.

perfect time for a break

Not up to it! I’m sure he’s a great guy, not up to AFL standard

Apart from getting two gimmies from Tippa in round 1, I honestly can’t remember him being involved in any meaningful play so far this year.

He isn’t farking up, or looking scratchy… He just isn’t impacting the game at all.

5 Likes

Seem to recall Fanta’s last goal was from a well weighted pass by Stants.

1 Like

true, and it was an OK kick. Fanta however made it look better than it actually was.

2 Likes