#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

Brent Stanton has made a career of carrying Essington.

1 Like

I’d say short sighted reactionary posts like this sum up Essington nicely

2 Likes

You want Essington players, you want damien cupido.
Jay Nash
laycock
Neagle
Courtney Johns.
Lovett

3 Likes

As much as I love him, D Myers, 10th year on the list now, leadership group, 80 odd games, and maybe 4 good performances in big important games.

3 Likes

Add gumby to the list.

Melksham
Kav

Mark Williams, Mal Michael.

Not that Worsfold cares about opposition players racking up 30 odd and cutting us to shreds - could Stants make a run-with player? He still has the aerobic capacity to keep up, has some size and strength. Yes he lacks mongrel but it could be the difference between AFL and VFL at the moment.

Ifs anyone one here bags Stanton they can go and find a new forum to follow… farc off!

4 Likes

Doesn’t have the speed, or the necessary mean streak.

Irrelevant though as you say as we don’t have a role like that in our side.

Down on output and not offering the team a lot. The running man is not allowed to run anymore. He won’t be playing next year. It’s time some of the returning players called time. EFC certainly f_cked over his final years in the game. Thanks Stants, true champ of the club

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good shout to be honest. He certainly has the endurance and work rate to do the job. He cracks in when he has too and is pretty good at sticking tackles.

Worth a shot. No harm in trying

just watched vfl highlights

mojo back

bring him in

half forward flank instead of LAV

3 Likes

Now that we are almost out of finals race a bit of nostalgia, i hope we give Stants, Howlett and Hocking a run in round 23 to say goodbye if thats the way its going. Not confident on us making finals, but if we do it would be a bit sad that those guys would retire without a final game.

6 Likes

Yep. Give them a run against the dockers if we’re outta it

Nothing like getting turned over at home by sh-t in the early Sunday time slot to send the boys off.

11 Likes

“Loser Sunday”

Those fixtures should be the biggest public shaming every year.

1 Like

Rama, JJ, Pev, Mal send off was the best. Sunday 120 point loss.

BJ tore us up that day too I think

3 Likes

I don’t think there’ll be any send off games.

The only way would be if we lose 2 of the next 3 games, then it will be nigh impossible.

In all liklihood it will come down to our last game, and more than likely will need an 80 point win to sneak into the 8.

Send them off in a VFL GF infront of 40,000

2 Likes

Stack the VFL and give Hocking, Howlett etc and Stanton a VFL flag as a send off.

3 Likes