#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

Nah, he was underdone & had a stinker. Had a dip (as he always does) but he was a step or two off his best, and you can’t get away with that in finals.
He’s a better player at the G, opposite of Jobe who’s normally better at the dome.

1 Like

He could play 300

Will get close IMO, 270 odd by end of this year and I think he’s got 1 more good year in him. Does he have 2 more???

Probably depends how our younger guys are going as much as how his body(and willpower) is holding up by that stage. I hope he does go for another 2 seasons after this. On the other hand I wouldn’t mind if he’s looking over his shoulder by some stage next season and sees someone about to knock him off his perch…

Bet Hirdy is already working on a column about Stants for when he pip’s him on the list …

1 Like

Congrats to Stants… What a fantastic achievement. Great player and great role model for the younger players.

2 Likes

Yep, I reckon too. Stants does wear the No. 5 with Jim’s blessing after all.

2 Likes

Need more Stanto love! Awesome effort from the running man! So much respect for him.

Hope we don’t stop playing him in the midfield entirely, he’s too good for that.

1 Like

The guy is a dead set legend. After all the grief he copped (and still cops in some quarters) he continued to do what he does best. Play strong, consistent football and wear the jumper with pride. A true loyal servant.

6 Likes

I hope he has a blinder tonight and kicks another couple of goals.

Congratulations on reaching 250 games Stants.

3 Likes

agree. reckon he will be a bit like fletch where at the end of every year pundits say he will retire but just keeps on going. pace has never been his strong suit, nor elite disposal. if he can gut run like he does for several more years and provide an outlet then i reckon hes got a spot in the team for a while longer

1 Like

Is 300 games possible for Stants? It was looking like a lock pre-SAGA.

2 Likes

Two more seasons plus finals. Retires at the end of 2018 with his second Premiership medal

3 Likes

Yep, he can just get there.

20 games left in '17 … + 4 finals (making granny from 5th to 8th.)

22 + 4 in '18 = exactly 300.

So, as we will be top 4 next year, … will need to play on in '19,… . :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to see Watson rotate and rest in the forwardline a little more and Stants used right in the guts. He’s almost too good become a role player.

1 Like

That looks like some seedy pom villain.

uhuh

1 Like

Lol. A fine edit indeed.