#5 Brent Stanton - returns as VFL coach

Why would you go from #1 to #5?

tbf Stants went from 24 to 5.

1 Like

Can’t believe he was a ■■■■■■■ chimney.

1 Like

Where have you guys been?

But I’m not sure it something that was going on lately? Early days definitely.

Because it is what the number means not on which comes first.

Reckon 1 would suit Green or Begley.

Great clubman. Solid footballer.

IMO unfairly targeted by some supporters. Expectations were much greater than his ability. Just a genuine solid player. Did his job every week.

2 Likes

Did someone in the coaching thread mention a recently retired midfielder with coaching ambitions?

too early. Could have gone two more seasons.

• He is still one of the fittest at the club.
  • He never had any pace. So he’s not losing anything in old age
  • Hardly ever got injured.

Will he get picked this week?

1 Like

Maybe Hooker could have 5?

He was the one who stood up to Finnis when the AFLPA was acting the AFL stooge. Leadership there.

14 Likes

Truer words have never been spoken. I’m going to have one now just as a tribute.

If he is on the darts then if Sunday isnt a white wash a packet will be destroyed.

Well done stants on a brilliant career. Good luck for the future, and a double well done on being a top bloke and finishing the year helping the VFL not throwing it in.

2 Likes

Maybe he VAPES these days.

If Stants gets picked for AFL this week, does that count him out for VFL Finals?

Good question - I’d like to know also.

Surely not, must’ve played at least a dozen games in the VFL.

#5 Should go to Irish !

No, because he’s played at least 6 VFL games and has not played 12 (>12?) AFL games.

Get around his many games to come.

5 Likes

Always makes himself available for the handoff when Clarke takes a mark… not fast but knows where to go and keeps doing it.

1 Like

Imagine if Hirdy hands him the Norm Smith… #justdreamin

Congratulations on an excellent career Brent. I hope you find a coaching gig and really make a great start to the next phase of your involvement with footy.

1 Like