#5 Devon Smith

I want him. At worse he is an upgrade on Green. At Best he is an upgrade on Colyer.

He isn’t their list manager yet, that will be confirmed once the trade period is done and dusted. He is also a very good and professional person and well respected in the industry, I doubt he will be too dodgy about it.

It’s ridiculous. So what happens if he manages a player at Collingwood who wants to leave, have a conversation with himself? Surely has to forgo his player management gig…

He will start AFTER the trade period. But, I think this will guarantee Smith will be at Collingwood now!

Of course he will, he hasn’t started his other job yet, doesn’t have a date yet. He is finishing his current role first.

Been in their best 22 most of the time? Or has he been in the outer this year?

Internment camp for you.

He’s a gun. Bring him in.

If we can get Stringer and two mids(including him) we will be sorted out for next year!

1 Like

Whatever goes into the making of that stuff is nothing compared to what goes in the making of Bomberblitz.

2 Likes

“Now with 30% more rectumy goodness”

1 Like

Yes please.

Not unique. I became an AFL Players’ Manager this year. During the course, one of the presenters we had was the current List Manager for the Adelaide Crows. He revealed to us that he was a former Players’ Manager.

1 Like

Dan Richardson who works at Richmond was previously a player manager. It’s more the timing here that makes it strange.

Only this morning Guy was on trade radio talking about the futures of Smith and Lever. Yet 3hrs later it’s announced he is now moving to work at Collingwood.

article suggesting his manager stated that devon is looking at how clubs treat their players in rehab

a) are the spongy floors about to claim its first scalp?
b) is it concerning that this is a high priority for the player?

3 Likes

So between Smith and Stringer our rehab facilities are going to be getting a fair workout.

As a proud South Australian you surely must know that Fritz is a vastly superior product to Devon and is native to SA only

Honestly, if player rehab is his concern, then he is already a Bomber.

Between our facilities, and Crow, it’s an absolute no contest.

3 Likes

Cooney & Leuey the test cases of late for injury prone players coming to us and excelling.

Given how poor our depth was this year Crows performance to keep majority on park was phenomenal.

2 Likes

Not sure I would say either Cooney or Luey have excelled. Yes they have returned to full fitness but their form was a shadow of what it once was.

While I disagree that there is any difference whatsoever between this so-called “devon” and the correctly named “Fritz”, I agree that “Fritz” is a vastly superior product.

Vastly.

1 Like