#5 Devon Smith

Does this mean 2 mid season draft picks?

Depends if we make the decision now or go back and forth on it for another week

2 Likes

I wonder what the acute injury is? Meniscus? That’s not a many months thing. Something else? Damage to articular cartiledge?

1 Like

Fk. Can’t keep anyone on the park this year.

Sad news for Devon. Good news for Smack, Gleeson and Mitch.

2 Likes

Sucks. Was unbelievably good last year, but I’d prefer to get him right for 2020 and beyond. Also gives another opportunity for one of our younger mids to step up.

1 Like

Thats being optimistic, even for you. He’s knees are chronic. Aka, ■■■■■■. He’ll have surgery, get fit, but huge doubts if he can ever get back to last years kinda form

Best wishes to Dev, would love to see him on the bench revving the boys up for the rest of the year.

2 Likes

Spongy floors should help with rehab.

1 Like

I wish he told me his knee was screwed before I put him in my supercoach team!

3 Likes

His form last year was with a ■■■■■■ knee. Once he gets them right he’ll be good to go.

11 Likes

The floors are going to need more sponge

Has he ever had surgery on his knees before, or has he always tried to manage them?

The many months thing is if they do both. Which I’d imagine they will unless Feller says that it can’t be done

Make him tackling coach during his layoff.

6 Likes

Laters.

Get both knees done now and let him build slowly for 2020. Too valuable to mess around with.

2 Likes

Aren’t the problems with the same knee? Or is it both?

Also, if the coaches don’t allow Parish to permanently take his spot in the midfield for the rest of the year then they have rocks in their heads.

4 Likes

This hurts. Omeara and Scully travelling nicely. Ouch.

1 Like

The AFL website has a photo of him with ice on his right knee (from ANZAC day), but I don’t know of any elaboration of the PCL injury and which knee it is.

I reckon you are right, it’s probably 2 injuries to the one knee, which would explain why they are unsure about surgery on the PCL at the same time. If it was 1 injury to each knee, it’s a no brainer surely.