#5 Devon Smith

i blame myers

2 Likes

Heart and soul player. Really feel sorry for him missing out on a premiership this year.

5 Likes

Two ■■■■■■ knees. He is cooked. Mark Williams MkII

This is basically the end of our season right here. Smith is underrated even still, and his lack of being at 100% this year is high on the list why we’re not higher on the ladder.

3 Likes

Real shame after what he gave us last year.
Get him right and we’ll get a few good years out of him yet.

1 Like

Out for the whole season. See him 2020.

David Myers right now
giphy

Can the medically qualified advise what this is - I’m assuming it’s a tear/lesion on the articular cartilage under where the patella slides- is that right? Is that caused by looseness from having a ruptured PCL? If so they might regret not biting the bullet on the PCL earlier although I guess he won a B and f with a bung PCL…

So you’re saying GWS will win the flag?

I wondered what she’d been up to since Melrose Place.

1 Like

Just compounds what a disappointment this season has been.

Bad luck for Smith, the EFC and the public. You always want the best players playing.

3 Likes

unfortunately this injury is potentially career-ending. he needs a probable PCL reconstruction which is rare and not commonly successful and will need a screw and probably a plate in his knee as the cartilage has ripped off from the bone.
Apparently Joe Dan’s OP is still a big issue and will be for years.
however, AFL players seem to get through these injuries much better than us “normies” - David Swallow and JOM are two examples of debilitating injuries that would normally end careers but have improved.

This best and fairest jinx has happened a lot in the past. Wattson, Long, Hird, Thompson, Moss went home and maybe more. Won bn f and missed the next year.

I was just typing the same comment. You beat me to it. Throw in Joey as well. The Curse of the Crichton.

Sooo, . Crichton Curse, … Milestone Curse,… Fark Carlton Curse,… SCG Curse, …

Where does it end???

2 Likes

When we win our 17th premiership?

2 Likes

How many players recently have had pcl recos?
And with what rate of success?
Wasn’t Lynch’s knee problem a pcl? Was it reconstructed?

Birchall and Cyril had PCL recos last year.
Birchall is hoping to come back.

We’ll have a colony on mars before that happens.