#5 Devon Smith

Google doctored that. Understood enough to know this is a difficult surgery to get right and a long rehab. Really bad news.

“Elon Musk wants to send humans to Mars, and it could happen as soon as 2024.”

Hopefully his timeline isn’t as rubbery as it has been with his Teslas.

40-100 years? I think you need to visit Rekall and have them change your memory implant. :wink:

Man after a day to think about out this is a real punch in the guts. For dev (top bloke) for us and for the team. Hope they come out and play for him this weekend. It’s what any good footy team would.

Let’s do it for dev. Someone contact the cheer squad, we’ll chant it into his mate stringers ear and it’ll set him off

Such a massive shame but people here on blitz have been mentioning his injury all year so he would of needed surgery at some point.

Get him cherry rope for next season and beyond.

In the meantime give more games to the likes or Francis, Redman, Langford, Parish and Laverde

I don’t think things are that bad.

7 Likes

I had a similar injury… same ligaments and a couple of other things. Took me 8 months to start running properly again, but that’s without the support of elite footy club resources.

3 Likes

Was it as bad for you as @hirc was suggesting?

There would be a lot less stress on a wonky knee if the match was played on Mars, so when Dev comes back we should petition the AFL and Elon to play a few matches in front of a Martian home crowd rather than playing in smog-central Shanghai.
Also, on Mars Joey could mark the ball at its highest point (ever), and we know he’d try.

Yes - but I wasn’t a footballer with everything that goes with it. It was a sporting injury. I did the PCL, tore partial ACL, bucket-ripped the meniscus, and furrowed the underside of the patella. I was on crutches for about 3.5 months. My leg muscles atrophied substantially over 8 months or so. Took nearly two years to get that leg back to similar strength, but I never regained my running completely.

Geebus! How the hell…?

croquet can be a brutal sport

ps. i shouldn’t jest, that is a farked up injury to sustain.

2 Likes

Of all things - beach volleyball.
Yeah, I know.

4 Likes

Too many pina coladas before?

3 Likes

Tripped over getting into his g-string maybe?

1 Like

2 Likes

Deckham plays beach volleyball with Guelfi?

2 Likes

Also, the umpires there are better.

Sheedy begs to differ.

1 Like

Can anyone link Smith’s column in the HS?