#5 Devon Smith

I think fritsch has flown under the radar. His last 7 weeks have been very solid

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a good reason for that. Heā€™s been the standout. Very impressive player. Only guy who could possibly challenge him would be Doedee.

1 Like

If Eddie kicked that goal it would be in GOTY discussions.

3 Likes

Very under the radar - probably cos heā€™s not eligible (turned 21 in December, missed the cutoff by about 2 weeks)

Witherden should be right up in calculations, although the judges donā€™t seem to know the eligibility rules.

2 Likes

Oh ya spewing?I didnt realise that at all!

Never seen an Essendon player in my life work so hard for the team. He chases, tackles, bumps, blocks etc. sometimes he will lay a tackle, run past a teammate during the same play and lay another tackle.

He is the perfect example of how much you can contribute to the team even when you donā€™t have the ball

10 Likes

WILL win goal of the year. Get voting people!

Amazing effort, that.

3 Likes

Yeah fair call. He is a star. Great user of the footy.
Ridley, please make it.

He is a Jack Russell in human form, only I donā€™t hate this one

6 Likes

For me

Stephenson
Doedee
Richards
Florent
Witherden

1 Like

Has Smith got 1 foot in GOTY?

He does it every game and never stops like some sort of Terminā€¦

1 Like

Is it based on consistency?
Ronke and Rayner had better games.

Noticed him criticising team mates during this matchā€¦Hooker and Langfordā€¦needs to be careful he doesnā€™t go overboard, coz I think he can be so intense that he starts to criticise unfairly.

1 Like

Unfairly? You would ave to know what he is saying before you can make that claim.

Trueā€¦but with the Langford one it was clearā€¦Langford shot back the universal body language for ā€œYou have got to be kidding, what youā€™re expecting of me would have been nigh on impossibleā€.

What to play football? How about he stops modelling as if heā€™s a wannabe Neo in the matrix movieā€¦then winning games to get into the finals will be a hell of alot easier on our eyes.

Sure Banfield and Spargo would be a bit stiff!

Heā€™s still walking the walk. Who cares.

4 Likes