#5 Devon Smith

This bloke is going to win the B & F in a canter.

1 Like

He seems to have a good rapport with Stringer, which should help Stringerā€™s development and application.

Just love Devonā€™s seriousness on the field. He is there to do a job and wants to do it as best as possible. His commitment and skills is a big plus for the team.

3 Likes

i just feel we are going to let him down.

1 Like

Thread needs balance. Hi @karmabomber!

Just wait for when Devā€™s ā€œhoneymoon periodā€ ends! (Is that the sought of balance youā€™re looking for DJR?? :wink:)

2 Likes

should get a public apology from the playing group. has a better workrate on match day than half the side combined.

16 Likes

all bias aside from my rage, a few times today on the wing, it looked as though he was looking at the bench, as if to say what the ā– ā– ā– ā–  is going on.

I think today was his first real sight of what essendon is, and boy did he look ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off.

Heā€™s got the kind of heart we need more of. Unfortunately, heā€™s small and will kill himself trying to make up for the rest of the midfield who are lacking in the mongrel we need. There is a reason GWS didnā€™t have him in their midfield and heā€™s starring in oursā€¦ thatā€™s the gap.

Final four, fark me whoever thought that was a possibility

2 Likes

I feel really sorry for this guy. He had no idea what a basket case we are.

4 Likes

stubborn, but weā€™ll breed his heart and passion to win out of him yet, weā€™ll also ruin his disposal by foot and make him doubt all his natural instincts as a footballer, the essendon effect, count on it

2 Likes

He will be dragged down to Essington standards soon

2 Likes

Must be regretting not choosing fark carlton.

Our recruits will probably start asking for cooling-off clauses once mid season trades become a thing.

Can you imagine going from a really strong team in GWS to playing in this sideā€¦

Either did i. I drank the kool aid thinking we were a top 4 prospect.

Iā€™m clearly a moron

I thought he struggled in todayā€™s game - Didnā€™t seem to get to as many contests, was a bit fumbly and indecisive at times.

1 Like

In fairness, it would be hard to shine in the last game.

1 Like

Given had scans during week may have been sore post Freo game. He did run himself ragged

Wasnā€™t able to be anywhere near as effective

Would have been nice for his team mates to step up this week instead

There might also be a reason why they failed to make the last 2 Grand Finals, when they undeniably have more talent than the respective sides who won the Flag !

1 Like

Not sure what youā€™re saying. Itā€™s not really going out in a limb to say GWS have a better midfield than ours.

Iā€™m saying maybe he should have been part of that centre square group more often, rather than all out attack.
How defensive are Kelly, Shiel, Scully etcā€¦?