#5 Devon Smith

Stop putting at me Devon

4 Likes

As soon as he misses his first putt

14 Likes

What happened to the rest of his swing?

Bit strange that they donā€™t mention his handicap in the article.

1 Like

Being short and angry is not necessarily a handicap.

P.S. Fark Clako.

2 Likes

Talk about abbreviated back swingsā€¦

3 Likes

Wonder why Devon has a chance to go pro in golf but Goddard never did? Desire?

Maybe Devon is just a better golfer?

2 Likes

Not with that swing and that height

2 Likes

BJ married and kids. Hard to make a start in a new sport that involves a ton of travel and doesnā€™t pay much at lower levels.

Devā€¦?? donā€™t think so?

Not sure either will ever be pro level but I seem to remember Goddard saying the difference between him and the pros he encountered was their ability to get up and down with regularity. As I remember he said this was the area he needed to work on. Seen plenty of players with great swings who couldnā€™t do that. BTW nothing wrong with an abbreviated swing as such, itā€™s the swing speed at contact that counts. And there are plenty of average height golfers who have been long hitters. If anything Devon has a sort of Micah Morris swing, who hits it a mile. But you still need a top level short game or itā€™s a waste of time and money at pro level.

1 Like

try that again @bullishish

Gareth Bale wants to go pro after his football career (just retired), people within elite golf circles believe heā€™s clearly good enough.

Be lucky to hit it 260 with a swing that short from someone of that height. No precedent on tour

Micah gets to parallel on his backswing- Devon is lucky to get it back halfway

you forgot the greatest golfer that ever lived was short and could hit it a mile ā€¦ even after a crocodile ate his coach and messed with him mentally ā€¦ smh

i think this is the customary wording

1 Like

Canā€™t he become a pro without going on tour? teaching etc

Devā€™s poor luck with injury continues. Ruptured the achilles playing in Laraā€™s practice match. Career at all levels probably over, youā€™d think. Very unfortunate.

4 Likes

Must be that turf at Tullamarineā€¦

Poor bugger. Just wants to have a run around with his local club and this happens. Achilles is brutal.

5 Likes