#5 Devon Smith

Devon, Welcome to Hangar

Great news! Stringer and Saad will still happen. Donā€™t stress.

Smith adds pace & goals to our team and pushes the quality up. This is great for our club and a high performer for one of the best teams in the AFL, he is a great pick up for us.

Bring on 2018!

4 Likes

Zzzzzzz

1 Like

On a more serious note, that was clearly the best we were very offered for pick 11 so out it goes.

For those doubting we get Stringer now, I am not so sure. Iā€™d be very surprised if Disco would pull the trigger on this trade - particularly this early in the trade period - without having a clear path to getting all three done. I imagine Stringer will involve pick swaps to end up at the end of the first round - Richmond or Brisbane would be the most likely candidates for this - I suspect we are deep into these discussions also.

We also have plenty of currency to get Saad who should never be more than a second rounder.

1 Like

zzzzzzz back

1 Like

we get it old timer

4 Likes

I was being facetious. And I couldnā€™t tag you because you spelt your username wrong! Just noticed it now

Motion to ban karmabomber from the Devon Smith thread.

9 Likes

Fixed.

1 Like

I respect your contributions to this site, but give it a spell - he is an Essendon player now.

7 Likes

Makes sense. If he thought this would kill off the Stringer trade he would have kept working on it.

2 Likes

This

Whereā€™s the Members First email?

Why? Heā€™s snoozing through it anyway.

2 Likes

YES!

Seriously man who cares

Happy that weā€™ve got him. Inevitable now that weā€™ll have to trade away a player if we want strigner. 24 or 28 will not get it done

Lol. Come on. I was being incredibly facetiousā€¦ I didnā€™t know there were literals out there.

Fixed?

1 Like

Heā€™s going to be a seriously good midfielder. Pretty hard to get a gig in front of coniglio, Kelly, Shiel, ward, hopper, Taranto etc as a pure mid. Out of the three, Iā€™m most excited about smith

17 Likes