12 Likes

10/10

The people have spoken, and they sound like my wife

30 Likes

You never make the bed.
Why do I always have to make the bed?
You sleep in the bed too, you know.

3 Likes

“Yes, which is why I suggest it not be made and let to “air out” for a bit”.

3 Likes

Which is backed by science too

So I found the nickname I’ll be bestowing on Smithy, …

Captureh

It works in so many ways, … not the least of which is his “cockiness” with his dealings with the vultures vampires maggots media, his “swag”, … not to mention the Goals I expect from him.

Feel free to abbreviate to Snag, or Sos.

1 Like

sausagehatesforgettingpasswords

7 Likes

Thats ■■■■■■■ awful.

1 Like

I think his ‘effort’ during games will raise standards around him.
Got that perfect balance of skill, arrogance, and mongrel.

Anzac Day.

Rips the ball from a stoppage,kicks a goal while he’s fisting pumping the Collingwood cheer sqaud and then gives a solid bump to his mate Treloar.

6 Likes

A little extreme in my opinion. Might make it harder to get a good grip on the Sherrin too.

12 Likes

Whatever it takes…

2 Likes

One way to get them to shut their pieholes

1 Like

Anzac Day.

Rips the ball from a stoppage,kicks a goal while he’s fisting pumping the Collingwood cheer sqaud and then gives a solid bump to his mate Treloar.:

With that many fists he’s gunna make a great midfielder. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t get why you want to nickname hi Wikipedia?

1 Like

Sounds like he has settled in really well.

Think he’s going to have a big influence on our future fortunes.

1 Like

No.5 makes new Bomber feel like No.1
Ryan Davidson
Jan 23, 2018 10:16 AM

Coming from the Giants, there wasn’t much history or background with numbers, so to walk in and see Terry Daniher, Brent Stanton and James Hird on the locker and what they’ve achieved, is pretty cool

BEING handed the famous No.5 guernsey at Essendon has given star recruit Devon Smith confidence that the club rates him highly.

The former Greater Western Sydney playmaker was the first player the Bombers traded for in a prosperous NAB AFL Trade Period, with forward Jake Stringer and running defender Adam Saad also landing at The Hangar.

As he prepares for his first campaign in the red and black, Smith can’t hide his excitement at donning the jumper that premiership greats and club captains James Hird and Terry Daniher wore with distinction over many years.

The number became available when Brent Stanton retired last year after 255 games for the club.

“It was a huge honour,” Smith told RSN radio on Tuesday.

"Coming from the Giants, there wasn’t much history or background with numbers, so to walk in and see Terry Daniher, Brent Stanton and James Hird on the locker and what they’ve achieved, is pretty cool.

"But at the same time, it’s now my jumper, and I’m hoping to make myself proud and my family proud.

“It’s pretty cool to wear No.5, and knowing my brother used to wear it in the backyard on a long-sleeve jumper thinking he was ‘Hirdy’, I think he’d be pretty jealous.”

After playing mainly as a forward across 109 games and six seasons at the Giants, Smith is now intent on growing his game and spending more time in the midfield at the Bombers.

While he struggled for opportunities in a star-studded GWS onball division, the 179cm Smith is ready to assist a Dons engine room including stars Dyson Heppell, Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish and Stringer.

“I don’t expect to play 80 per cent (game time) in there, but so far I’ve done (all pre-season training) with the mids,” Smith said.

“I’ve realised how small I am standing next to like Jakey Stringer, David Myers and other guys, but I’ve really enjoyed it.”

And with the Giants having a reputation for having plenty to say out on the field, Smith revealed he and some of his new teammates have developed a better understanding of each other since he arrived at the club.

"There is always a few of them (you’ve had disputes with), and I’ve already had a few say to me, ‘You’re actually a good bloke’.

“I used to have a few run-ins with Mark Baguley and a few others, so it’s strange at footy clubs how it works.”

9 Likes

Should have recruited his brother instead!

Joking. Really pumped to see him add some more grunt to our midfield.

5 Likes