#5 Devon Smith

No, but he looks pretty good to me. Very good head on his shoulders too.

Also happened to be the first time I’ve been turned on by a ranga.

2 Likes

Perfectly said.

He’s not as far away as most make out.

2 Likes

Given unable to complete any preseason time trials thus far and being held back from training fully with this hip flexor issue is miles away IMO

His biggest issue was aerobic fitness in regards to running and if unable to push himself accordingly to improve that significantly then ain’t going to press his way into senior side anytime soon.

But back to Devon however… who will dominate!

Can someone please change the title of this thread to #10 Aaron Francis.

1 Like

Francis is twice the number Smith is.

12 Likes

The question is: Aaron Devon or Francis Smith?

1 Like

Maybe Aaron Francis should be a kicker in the NFL.

Huh? High and slow kicks are what you need in the NFL.

Aaaaaaaanyway… sausage.

1 Like

Francis Devon. The less refined (or more refined, depending how you look at it) version of Francis Bacon.

5 Likes

I’m bullish on the midfield aswell.

I think we have allot of quality youngesters ready to make a name for themselves. Throw in Hepp, Zerrett and Smith and you have a good core.

Then there is stringer, if he plays 60% mid and keeps his work rate up he could completely revolutionise our midfield. He is the unknown other clubs will freak out over. After he does a don’t argue, breaks a tackle and dishes to a bolting McGrath, they will panic and have to go defensive when he is there. Allowing us to capitalise.

5 Likes

I have a feeling Stringer will go full beast mode

I’m not sure if he’s put on size over the pre season or if I just hadn’t got as close to him before, but when he walked past me on the boundary line at training today he looked huge across chest, shoulders and biceps, just an incredibly powerful looking man, no wonder he can shrug off players and break tackles like he has been.

I can’t wait to see him in action in the real stuff

3 Likes

*provided we actually win the football. Otherwise we torched again by the lack of mids with any discernible defensive mindset or application.

1 Like

With mcGrath and Smith added to the midfield i don’t think that will be a problem

4 Likes

Winning it or getting torched without it?

Big mids: Heppell, Langford, Stringer, Myers, BJ to pinch hit, and would love to see Begley become one of these

Smaller mids: Zerrett, McGrath, Parish, Zaharakis

This is without including untried guys and/or rookies who may also be regular mids down the track like Mutch, Guelfi, Clarke and Mynott.

So yeah, I’m pretty bullish on the midfield too tbh

2 Likes

great looking list on paper… full of tackling animals… hmmm

anyone can learn a defensive mindset. we’ve got plenty who need to go to school.

I am a long way from bullish about this.
Heppell, needs to come back to top form, Langford, playing VFL, Stringer, not a mid yet, Myers, B Grade at best, BJ, not a midfielder, Begley, not a midfielder yet and arguably not best 22.

Not saying it can’t work or that there;s not upside.
It can and there is, but I keep the famous words of Mr Wolf in mind.

1 Like